Scura build

Mikko

Yea, he parked right next to me. I went to look at his trailer and there were pieces of my hood embedded in it. I called the police and he admitted to it. Hopefully the Insurance company will settle up fairly and quickly. That does not compensate me for the loss in revenue which as of this post exceeds $1,000 and counting.

FWIW .you need to keep up with your purchases and get a rider on your insurance policy ...... I added a rider to mine and it is the cheapest thing you can do . 

You will be furious for an insurance company to pay you $3500 for a $12k investment .

I paid many multiples of thousands for this Truck 20 years ago. I have one of the last Marmon Road Tractors built before Navistar bought the company and ended what arguably was the best truck ever built (by hand). Insurance is a evil unleashed on this segment of the economy.

With ruthless lawyers preying on this industry I pay hundreds of dollars a week for it. And no, it wasn’t Swift.. a fellow owner operator who must have been tired. Certainly wasn’t a young kid. It’s unfortunate 

• Like 1

Yeah, we're a month past our Honda Pilot being totaled, and the insurance companies are still squabbling.  I just got off the phone with them, again... <_<

And no matter what they offer, it will not replace the use of the paid off, well maintained vehicle we had at our disposal.

A little more "used" then I was lead to believe, He made it right by refunding a good portion of the purchase price.  They still are a genuine set of tubi silencers...I think if end up using them, i will have the chrome stripped and have them hard anodized black or cerekote plus lose the hangers...

IMG-5706.jpg

IMG-5705.jpg

IMG-5711.jpg

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

@KINDOY2 has magnesium wheels adapted...

Ooh yum, magnesium sounds nice - always admired the old school gold 18” Marvic’s.

Any link or pics Docc...? 😋
A thousand words isn't much help to a mute.

Tend to agree with you Mikko - QD’s look so right filling that under void. 
One small suggestion - try and get the level as perfectly aligned with the sump line as possible - some I’ve seen seem to have an excessively droopy slope downward to the rear wheel.

I don't know if these are Aluminum or Magnesium. Can't find anything saying what it is. I've read about the MGS-01 being equipped with both. It is very light. @docc The drive hub is still available and the rubbers/bolts too. When i went to visit Joe in Chicago i showed him the parts diagram and he wasn't worried at all. Said they could machine whatever we needed. That being said, i think i will still order up everything i can in order to keep the custom machine work to a minimum. I would rather spend those machining dollars on other things....like a fabricated swingarm!

@ScuRoo Its pretty even, maybe the angle of pictures don't show it. I am going to have Joe cut this open and we are going to rebuild it. I'm thinking of an X pipe inside the box made with perforated titanium tubing and use the special packing TiCon Industries uses for their mufflers. Still up in the air about it. It weighs a ton compared to my Titanium mufflers. It's stamped "euro-3" so i'm figuring that box must be stuffed with sound deadening. Plus I'd like dual outlets. maybe flush with the body..like the "sharkfin" style I've seen.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, ScuRoo said:

Ooh yum, magnesium sounds nice - always admired the old school gold 18” Marvic’s.

One small suggestion - try and get the level as perfectly aligned with the sump line as possible - some I’ve seen seem to have an excessively droopy slope downward to the rear wheel.

I found this in "Post a pic of your V11", but it does not show the wheels well and has a funky aspect ratio . .

Screen%20Shot%202020-06-09%20at%209.05.0

@Mikko, happy to hear all the parts are available to mount the wheel. Now to hunt up the front!

• Thanks 1

IMG_5185.PNG

13 hours ago, ScuRoo said:

I don,t have any good pictures of My R.Corsa with the DyMag Magnesium wheels on her at the moment but this is one of her from a couple years ago when she was a little dusty Screen%20Shot%202020-07-04%20at%2010.34...still looks the same except cleaner and with the oem rear fender back on now.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 1 month later...