Can't Get Guzzidiag to Connect to Bike!

mznyc

Dammit,seemingly tried everything,although I'm a Mac guy and not up tp speed on PC but I just can't get GD to connect to the bike.

I just did a full service and added a Mistral X-Pipe and the bike is running sweet but would like to check and adjust the Co as it's never been since I've owned it...

This is what I've done,

Bought a new netbook running Windows 10

Have a Lonelec Cable,tried and older Fiat cable also that had worked on a Ducatidiag

Uploaded GD v48,also the Reader and Writer(not that it should matter)

Uploaded what I believe to be correct drivers

Tried all combinations of connecting to port,powering up and loading program and to no avail.

Only get one option of USB port,which changes depending which of the three ports I have,....

Thoughts

Trying to upload more screenshots but keep getting kicked back becaue of file size even though I reduced them,...

Just now, docc said:

Opened Preferences in gd and selected your V11 model? 

Yes.

• Like 1

Have you actually launched the reader driver or just downloaded it?

Go to where you have gd & reader/writer files, right click on the reader exe file and follow the prompt ie run,open,install etc, if you haven't done so.

You need that driver going/installed to get the chip in the Lonelec cable to work.

I'm not sure if it's related, but I'm finding GD can be finicky if the stars don't align just right.

Golden rule with computers,printers,ECU's etc, orderly shutdown,on/off power to get it reset or to respond.

I went back in to my CalVin the other day to adjust the CO trim from 6 to 3, and I had to power up the bike & GD 8-9 times to get it connected and done.

fwiw good luck 

Kelly

6 hours ago, fotoguzzi said:

Why not try the Mac version?

Doesn't work on the current OS I am running...

6 hours ago, 80CX100 said:

Have you actually launched the reader driver or just downloaded it?

Go to where you have gd & reader/writer files, right click on the reader exe file and follow the prompt ie run,open,install etc, if you haven't done so.

You need that driver going/installed to get the chip in the Lonelec cable to work.

I'm not sure if it's related, but I'm finding GD can be finicky if the stars don't align just right.

Golden rule with computers,printers,ECU's etc, orderly shutdown,on/off power to get it reset or to respond.

I went back in to my CalVin the other day to adjust the CO trim from 6 to 3, and I had to power up the bike & GD 8-9 times to get it connected and done.

fwiw good luck 

Kelly

Thanks Kelly,

I DL'd and opened Reader and Writer,and the Golden Rules,

I may not have tried "8-9" times but maybe 4-5,...I'll try 10,what the hell.

Still leaning to driver,when I can figure out how to post my correctly sized screenshots of Driver Vr  I will...

48 minutes ago, mznyc said:

Thanks Kelly,

I DL'd and opened Reader and Writer,and the Golden Rules,

I may not have tried "8-9" times but maybe 4-5,...I'll try 10,what the hell.

Still leaning to driver,when I can figure out how to post my correctly sized screenshots of Driver Vr  I will...

The very first time I used GD on my Griso, I could see everything, but not connect with the ecu on the bike, I screwed around for 3-4 hrs, double checking everything, but it was only when I found the reader driver and launched it that I actually connected with my bike. 

I've used GD a few times since and am more comfortable with it establishing a connection; but it's never been a seamless, smooth in and out, I to have to work at jamming a connection through and especially getting the CO trim connection to take and save the changes.

Make sure that the kill switch isn't engaged and neither are the safety switches ie clutch, neutral or side stand ?, I think if they happen to be open , I don't think GD will see the ECU, fwiw.

Patience and fresh eyes from a different angle have helped me muddle my way through it.

Good luck with it

Kelly

• Like 1

Tried everything you mentioned but the side stand switch,always leave it down in case of a tip over on the lift...

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Lucky Phil said:

I'd stow the SS. Guzzidiag has worked flawlessly for me from the first time and every time after on 2 different ECU's.

Ciao

I will try,but what are the odds that all people who have had success connecting had it on a unicorn center-stand or a lift with the side stand up?