Must see Le Mans II custom build

4corsa

16 hours ago, fotoguzzi said:

Meh... I prefer the original and consider that sacrilegious. I mean use a T3 or something for a build like that.

i do like the offset headlight in the fairing tho.

No, don't sacrifice another lovely old T3 on the altar of this obscene, masurbatory, cult. If you have to build some pretend POS 'Cafe Racer' just buy some shitty Chinese copy of a 1980's Japanese single. It'll look the part when you're sitting at your stall selling your pomade and beard grooming products and all the pissants you're trying to impress will flock like moths around a flame. Just leave the old Guzzis alone. Please.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

4 hours ago, po18guy said:

Looks like you have a few problems to iron out! So it is with rag wings. Say, is there a Luscombe in your flying past?

I've never kept one.. :) I've flown them though.. nice old birds.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, pete roper said:

No, don't sacrifice another lovely old T3 on the altar of this obscene, masurbatory, cult. If you have to build some pretend POS 'Cafe Racer' just buy some shitty Chinese copy of a 1980's Japanese single. It'll look the part when you're sitting at your stall selling your pomade and beard grooming products and all the pissants you're trying to impress will flock like moths around a flame. Just leave the old Guzzis alone. Please.

Pete, so how long have you been hanging around the west side of L.A.?

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

17 hours ago, Chuck said:

I've never kept one.. :) I've flown them though.. nice old birds.

Dad (who never had a Guzzi) bought his 1941 8C w/C-75 in 1950 for $500 and flew it home.  Rebuilt it ground up, wind-drive generator w/spinner, Aeronca Chief wheelpants, Ford model A tank behind the cockpit, and a brick of then revolutionary NiCd batteries. You could do that stuff back then. Doped up the wings in our backyard - bro and I bucking rivets inside the fuselage at the tail, as no one else would fit. Still have the smell of Never-Dull in my olfactories. Dad enjoyed running away from his buddies who were in T-crafts, various airknockers etc. It's still registered and flying in the Portland area.

• Like 2