1064 Big Block differences

docc

I am guilty of forgetting that the 1999-2001 Sport and the V11 LeMans variants are not the only "V11" and certainly not the only 1064 Big Blocks.

Other than things like the carbs vs. FI, sump/spacer, exhaust flanges, and valve covers, aren't the V11 Sport motors the same as the Sport 1100/ 1100 Sport-i (pistons, rods, heads, valves and cam, etc.)?

And, even more, are there differences from the V11 "EV"/ California motors?

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, docc said:

I am guilty of forgetting that the 1999-2001 Sport and the V11 LeMans variants are not the only "V11" and certainly not the only 1064 Big Blocks.

Other than things like the carbs vs. FI, sump/spacer, exhaust flanges, and valve covers, aren't the V11 Sport motors the same as the Sport 1100/ 1100 Sport-i (pistons, rods, heads, valves and cam, etc.)?

And, even more, are there differences from the V11 "EV"/ California motors?

The heads are different on the EV Calis. Smaller valves and a different oil feed line from memory. I have one in the workshop. The cali cams are different and there is a slight variation in the rocker arms from earlier to later engines. I fitted later rocker arms on my engine which if I recall had a slightly larger end and more thread for the adjusters.

Cranks are different depending on what alternator you run and the cranks have a different balance factor depending on what engine and rod piston combo. The rods do vary between the models but I'm not sure of the exact details.

Ciao

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

16 minutes ago, ScuRoo said:

The newer cylinders are different, has 0.3 mm less height for more compression ratio (9.2 old / 9.5 new). 

This is from the "1100" to the V11?

40 minutes ago, ScuRoo said:

The newer cylinders are different, has 0.3 mm less hight for more compression ratio (9.2 old / 9.5 new). 

I dont doubt it and worth bearing in mind but .3 mm is about the variation in base gasket thicknesses so for all intents and purposes they can be considered the same.

Ciao