Seventeenth South'n Spine Raid 2021

docc

Preparing to "sport-tour" rather than local riding, the time has come for mySport to slip on a long-sleeve-shirt and a tight-fitting cap . . .

IMG_5436.jpgIMG_5437.jpg

• Like 5

Last year, mySport got lucky to sit back and play bass with some awesome Guzzi quartet . . .

IMG_3344.jpg

Cannot wait to get back there!!

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, docc said:

Last year, mySport got lucky to sit back and play bass with some awesome Guzzi quartet . . .

IMG_3344.jpg

Cannot wait to get back there!!

Which one is Miles, Herbie and Tony Williams?  And where's John McLaughlin? 

Acoustic or  Fender?  That might cause a fist fight. 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, LowRyter said:

Which one is Miles, Herbie and Tony Williams?  And where's John McLaughlin? 

Acoustic or  Fender?  That might cause a fist fight. 

These are Goozies, so more about:

Do we get to play Rock&Roll, or is it The Blues (again)?

16 hours ago, docc said:

These are Goozies, so more about:

Do we get to play Rock&Roll, or is it The Blues (again)?

Fender means Fuzion. 

Acoustic means BeBop and no electric guitar. 

Last year, I promised myself to play Brubeck's (acoustic) Take Five in my head to insure a flowing, but upbeat, gentlemanly pace.

It was, mostly, effective. And enjoyable. Except for that one exuberant pass played to Rammstein's (electric) Benzin that brought out the blue lights and respectful, courteous conversation  . . . :huh:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Sad 1

• 2 weeks later...

Four weeks out. Today, I rode 150 miles to spank mySport, work through the final Waddington Effect from the last tear down, and assist a fellow SpineRaider in preparation for the XVII.

Something we have come to call "Bike Wash."  Sort of a "Check My Work" session. :luigi:

mySport hates riding in the city.  :angry2:  HATES high ambient temperatures 90-95ºF/30-35ºC. :vomit:hateshhateshateshates *traffuck* :bbblll: - er, uh "traffic". :huh:

Yet, she carried the day through some very challenging conditions. Not > perfect <, but roadworthy. 

SpineRaid or Bust!

IMG_5473.jpg

• Like 6

• 2 weeks later...

Pains me to update that I won’t be headed out to join the festivities this time…can’t get enough time off now as originally planned.

I hope everyone has a wonderful time and I look forward to the making the next one!

• Sad 2

When I bought my 2000 Sport new in 2000, the dealer had a 2000 Quota in khaki/forest green. I've always loved that color combo, yet the only ones I have seen since are red or black . . .

• Like 1

My favorite color combination. At the Oregon nationals, I met a couple from Iowa that had ridden there and camped, two up. :blink:

Certainly one of Guzzi's best traveling machines. The long travel suspension just eats up highway expansion joints. I was on Darth Quota at the time, riding from SoCal to Oregon with Pete on his Grease O. For that trip, I had the better machine, IMHO.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 8/14/2021 at 6:27 PM, docc said:

Four weeks out. Today, I rode 150 miles to spank mySport, work through the final Waddington Effect from the last tear down, and assist a fellow SpineRaider in preparation for the XVII.

Something we have come to call "Bike Wash."  Sort of a "Check My Work" session. :luigi:

mySport hates riding in the city.  :angry2:  HATES high ambient temperatures 90-95ºF/30-35ºC. :vomit:hateshhateshateshates *traffuck* :bbblll: - er, uh "traffic". :huh:

Yet, she carried the day through some very challenging conditions. Not > perfect <, but roadworthy. 

SpineRaid or Bust!

IMG_5473.jpg

Like a caged Greyhound..waiting to get out and RUN!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I'm really enjoying the Quota, much easier on my knee than some of my other bikes. My buddy and I did a 1,000 mile trip this Spring, went up to PA, WV and Maryland, we called it the odd ball tour, he was on his Yamaha TDM 850.  The joke was my Guzzi advertised its "dual valve" with the decal on the tail, and he had the genesis engine.  We are planning another fall trip.

odd ball.JPG

Edited by HRC_V4
Picture
  • Like 2