Red frame tyres

mjseymo

11 hours ago, docc said:

I figured you for the guy that would go for lighter, smaller, faster . . .

Bigger is better for those smoky parking lot burn-outs? ;)

No docc, bigger is better with me. I don't want no stinkin, skinny arsed 4.5" rear wheel:)

Ciao

• Haha 1

• 1 year later...

I'm getting new tires / tyres for my v11 this week, going with the Michelin road 5s or 6s.  Stock sizes I believe, will have to check once I get it back from the shop.  Revzilla report I saw said the rear 5s they tested were good for 18,000 miles.  6s are supposed to last 10% longer.  

1 hour ago, mikev said:

I'm getting new tires / tyres for my v11 this week, going with the Michelin road 5s or 6s.  Stock sizes I believe, will have to check once I get it back from the shop.  Revzilla report I saw said the rear 5s they tested were good for 18,000 miles.  6s are supposed to last 10% longer.  

My red frame ate up Pilot Road 4.  Being so expensive <Guzzi content> I've never purchased Michelin again.  I get better mileage from Dunlop Roadsmarts at half the price.  The Dunlops handle well too.  Perhaps the  5 & 6 are better?

9 hours ago, docc said:

18,000 miles on a Guzzi tire? They must have rolled around the shop without starting it for that whole test . . . <_<

Right :rasta:.

Cheers Tom.

• Haha 1

I ended up with Michelin Road 5s, definitely pricy.  6s not available.  Shop said they have customers who get 15k with them on guzzis and heavier bmws.  The tune up and new tires greatly improved the performance and ride.  

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, mikev said:

I ended up with Michelin Road 5s, definitely pricy.  6s not available.  Shop said they have customers who get 15k with them on guzzis and heavier bmws.  The tune up and new tires greatly improved the performance and ride.  

Factory spec 170 rear? Or the oft preferred (for the 4.5" rim) 160?