Triple clamp question

fotoguzzi

No need. On the underside of your top yoke there are the bosses ready to be drilled to take bars. I used Renthal CL003 bar mounts and an 828-50 Fatbar with bar ends and G176 grips.

• Thanks 1

I may want to keep the original stock and not drill it. So the next owner would have option to return to as it came from the factory.

just thinking ahead, I don't even have the 01 Sport yet.. that in mind are there any luggage racks, bag mounts available? 
Also, is there a chance to find a Stucci type fairing?

Hey Foto,

Ballabio tree is the same but drilled for bars and all the associated hardware  from a Cal stone  will work. The previous owner of my 2000 Sport did this to mine.

Paul B:bier:

Part No. on the tree on mine 01493180. Part No. for the EV 03493100 so I dont know if the fork spacing, diameter is the same. The handlebar support hardware  will work though,with the Ballabio tree.

Paul B:bier:

I didn't think any EV has "upside down forks"/ male sliders at the bottom. So, I can't see how EV triples could work with the Marzocchi Sport/LeMans forks.

In search of more comfort for a broken/repaired pelvis and hip socket, I gave in to drilling my top triple today. I left the brackets for the Verlicchi touring bars in place so I can return it to that configuration super easily, if the ape hangers I’m installing don’t work out. Easy to put ss snap in buttons to cover the holes. I’m using a set of  VStrom short risers from eBay. I’ve got a set of hose extensions from helibar if needed. Again, easily returnable to stock, and can get custom hoses if my pelvis says yes.

• Like 2

Of course your right Docc, I don't know what I was thinking..

back to the original question. Will a Centauro top triple fit a V11.. I have the Centauro part but no V11 to camp are to.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, fotoguzzi said:

Of course your right Docc, I don't know what I was thinking..

back to the original question. Will a Centauro top triple fit a V11.. I have the Centauro part but no V11 to camp are to.

If you can measure the fork dia and offset I can measure the V11 and give you an idea. I'm sure the stem will be the same as I'm sure the top clamp nut is common to them both.

Ciao

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Lucky Phil said:

If you can measure the fork dia and offset I can measure the V11 and give you an idea. I'm sure the stem will be the same as I'm sure the top clamp nut is common to them both.

Ciao

58mm and approximately 108mm

23 minutes ago, fotoguzzi said:

58mm and approximately 108mm

V11 Sport Greenie.

Between the fork centres....210mm

Fork   upper dia 54mm

Offset ( distance from the ctr of the steering stem and a line through the Fork centrelines) .....36mm

I "think" later tripple clamps were a fraction different due to the longer frame.

Ciao 

20 minutes ago, Lucky Phil said:

Offset ( distance from the ctr of the steering stem and a line through the Fork centrelines) .....36mm

I

Wouldn't that be more like 105mm ?

anyway it's 54vs 58 so not the same.

Offset is how far forward the forks are from the steering stem. So, yeah, like an inch and a half, but not four inches . . .