V11 2002 Wiring Diagrams by Stewgnu

docc

• 8 months later...

@stewgnu has drawn up another wiring diagram with emphasis on the relays and the relay addition to address "Startus Interuptus". He'll be along to clarify and comment on the purpose.

Guzzi-V11-Wiring-Diagram.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Mainly for the addition of Roy’s relay- please let me know if I’ve got the wrong end of the stick with that and I’ll amend it.  

Having the relays set bolder helped me anyway.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

44 minutes ago, gstallons said:

"wrong end of the stick" and "assay" ?

I only speak American English, but pretty sure "please let me know if I've got the wrong end of the stick" is inviting (especially @Kiwi_Roy) to suggest edits or ammendments to the diagram changes.

I see both the "RH Assay" and "LH Assay" on the diagram referring to the handlebar switchgear. "Assay = "assy" = "assembly?"

(My English translated Owners Manual wiring diagram refers to those as "RH device" and "LH control device.")

• Like 1

2 hours ago, docc said:

I only speak American English, but pretty sure "please let me know if I've got the wrong end of the stick" is inviting (especially @Kiwi_Roy) to suggest edits or ammendments to the diagram changes.

I see both the "RH Assay" and "LH Assay" on the diagram referring to the handlebar switchgear. "Assay = "assy" = "assembly?"

(My English translated Owners Manual wiring diagram refers to those as "RH device" and "LH control device.")

Wrong end of the stick means "am I mistaken" and the abbreviation of assembly is "Assy" not assay.

I once had an Aeronautical engineer (pommie girl about 25) hand me work scope instructions for a repair to the airframe on a 737. I read through it and went to her office and said I'd need the instructions amended. She looked a little surprised when I advised her that the term "greasy print" ,as in "please send the hard copy of the results to the structural engineering office" wasn't really acceptable on a legal document. The connotations that the guys working on the plane were going to be "greasy" of course and would dirty up important records probably wouldn't be to popular either.      

Ciao

• Haha 2

Absolutely not easy with all the 2 - 3 - 4 abbreviations, jargon in another language.   Happy riding bike’s has nothing to do with language.  IPA time here :rasta:

Cheers Tom. 

• Like 2

Sorry folks, seems i don’t know my assay from my elbow.  Also apologies for the diagram not being ‘standard electrician’ grade- i see that anyone with colour-blindness would struggle with my crappy lash-up.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, stewgnu said:

Sorry folks, seems i don’t know my assay from my elbow.  Also apologies for the diagram not being ‘standard electrician’ grade- i see that anyone with colour-blindness would struggle with my crappy lash-up.

Like the translated-from-Italian wiring diagrams are more legible? (not)

• Haha 1

• 4 months later...

I am trying to use @stewgnu's diagram to troubleshoot a 2002 LeMans blowing the 15 amp fuse and made a couple discoveries. I had to add labels to the six "Instrument Panel" lights (aka Warning Lights, aka Idiot Lights)- top to bottom: Hi Beam / Turn Indicators / Generator (battery) / Oil (pressure) / Neutral / Fuel (level).

Also, @stewgnu, I wonder if you could reproduce the schematic without the "white-fades-blue" background? This makes it very challenging to read on a printout . . . :huh:

If the schematic gets revised (especially with a white background), email it to me and I will re-host the image. 

TIA! docc

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
On 1/14/2022 at 1:25 PM, stewgnu said:

Hey @stewgnu    Thank you so much for taking the time to do such a great job on this schematic,especially the excellent color detail.

I was working on my bike getting ready to dive into a possible, relay/wiring nightmare, and I have a severe aversion to electrickery.:doh:

I had misidentified all my relay locations and couldn't understand why my wiring colors, didn't match your schematic,figured it was just an Italian glitch.

But I looked at your schematic long enough to properly identify the relays and confirm that everything was in order,no need to break out the wrenches and dive in any further.

Extreme gratitude, very well done Sir :thumbsup:

• Like 4

I just edited the year model of this schematic to 2002, specifically, after noticing the "Battery Warning Light" that is not present on later V11 with left and right turn indicators. Yet, the 2002 wiring differs from the earlier Sports (1999-2001) as to how the start circuit is diverted from Relay#1 to the Ignition Switch.

• Thanks 2

• docc changed the title to V11 2002 Wiring Diagrams by Stewgnu
4 hours ago, bbolesaz said:

Docc, is it possible to post a file (maybe in gallery) vs. the screenshot above ?

I have asked @stewgnu if he can send me the file in a different format . . .

edit: Stand by, we are actively working on this request.