Checklist?

Bandit 69

• Bandit 69 changed the title to Checklist?

Actual service records and receipts for parts go a long toward seeing how the bike has been cared for and what will be needing attention soon.

I wouldn't know anything Guzzi specific one wouldn't look at on any 20 year old bike. My "list" starts with my perception, judgement if you will, of the owner. If the owner is suspect, so be the bike.

After that I'd guess the first thing I try to do is match the mileage with visible wear points. Brake discs, gas tank, seat, and foot rest rub areas. The place on the top tree where the keyfob hits in the wind.

One of my peeves is bugs and bug spots that were clearly not seen to in a timely fashion. The owner that let's the surface go, I figure let's below the surface go as well.

If anything Guzzi specific comes to mind I guess I'd say electrics. Be sure all works as it should with no funny stuff going on. A few years ago I was so ready to jump on a pristine 2001 and ready to drive a great distance to get it. At the last minute the seller revealed a mysterious wiring job done by the po. I had to pass on it.

Everything said, it depends on your knowledge and comfort level with repairs. And THAT said, this forum and learned members have done a great deal to sort out or help others sort their bikes in the past.

Will you see it in person or at a distance? Got any photos or details?

• Thanks 1