Oil Cooler Line Fittings (Italians arrghh)

bbolesaz

Need to swap a leaking oil cooler line on the Scura.  So, I get 2 new hoses from Guzzi and start the swap.

The old hose has this fitting.

http://www.brianboles.org/img/21-06-14Guzzi/2.jpg

2.jpg

The new hose has a flange fitting.

http://www.brianboles.org/img/21-06-14Guzzi/1.jpg

1.jpg

Anyone know if I get a new fitting for the crankcase, will it be a flange fitting also?

I think I have you covered, buddy. I ran into this same discovery a few years back. The "flange" is an AN fitting used on the early Sports.

Can you simply renew those double Viton O-rings to address the leak?

Here are the part numbers for the sump adapters to use the AN line:

"Reduction" (sump adapter the line attaches to) for your O-ring style line: 01 16 13 31

Earlier style "reduction"/adapter for the flared AN style fitting:  01 16 13 30

Some vendors use the "GU" prefix in their parts searches.

• Like 1

Thanks for the try.  What is confusing is I ordered those lines recently from AF1 (GU01161630, GU01162330).  So, I would have expected them to be the most recent.  I'm going to order GU01161330 and hope they match.

So, I am getting 01 16 16 90 for the outboard oil delivery line for your 2002 and 01 16 23 90 for the inboard return line, with the duplex O-ring sealing.

Looks like your part numbers are for the earlier lines with the AN style coupling.

My parts catalogs show the numbers ending in "30" are the earlier (AN/flared) type.

You live in a pretty good size city , are there any hydraulics stores around you that can hook you up with the correct o-rings and material .?

1 minute ago, bbolesaz said:

Hmm, must have used the wrong fiche to pull the part numbers from.  Poo.  01161690 shows NLA.

Makes me wonder if some of our trusted sources for "old" Guzzi parts might still have them. Like MGCycle/Wisconsin, USA. Or even TLM, HMB, or Stiein-Dense in Europe.

gstallons (as always) makes a good point: these are common lines that could be "made-up" locally.

5 minutes ago, gstallons said:

You live in a pretty good size city , are there any hydraulics stores around you that can hook you up with the correct o-rings and material .?

If Guzzi suppliers don't have it.

• Like 1

Also, Arizona heat or not, these oil cooler lines run from the frame mounted oil cooler to the engine's sump. A dramatic vibration transition. The lines tend to abut the front subframe and get abraded. Finding the contact points and insulating them is good method . . .

IMG_0165.JPG

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Is the problem a different size, so a reducer's required? Probably talking out my ass, but from what I've seen the fittings are usually metric, although AN wouldn't surprise. All of these should be easily available.

I'm utterly handless yet made my own oil lines on the HiCam with bits just sourced from E-Bay

I was just chipping in to add, if it was because the new fitting doesn't have the "O" rings to seal then I'd use Loctite 577.

Used used it on my lines when they leaked and it worked a treat, I was recommended it by a buddy, who swore by it.