Meinhof's map, low idle.

Grim

Hi, thought I would give it another go, found the idle dropped to 1000 at 521mv with the air screws closed.

Anyone else using this map, is it ok just just set the idle where I want it (C1100) using the left idle stop screw and not worry about the MV going up?

..Cylinders are in sync at idle and 3k.

Thanks

• Like 1

While not using this map, I recall agreeing with @Meinolf that, once all the other parameters are set (TPS at 157mv, CO fuel trim at zero, valves set, and throttle bodies balanced), you can put the idle wherever you (and the motor) are happiest.

Personally, I prefer somewhere 1250-1350 which varies on its own under various conditions.

• Thanks 2

9 hours ago, Grim said:

Hi, thought I would give it another go, found the idle dropped to 1000 at 521mv with the air screws closed.

Anyone else using this map, is it ok just just set the idle where I want it (C1100) using the left idle stop screw and not worry about the MV going up?

..Cylinders are in sync at idle and 3k.

Thanks

The idle MV setting is a "guide only" not a specific requirement. It's only so you can set the idle screw to a start point after you've had the Butterflys fully closed to set the TPS and have a rough idle position to begin the tuning process.

Ciao

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2