Roper Plate Fitment - Centauro

Jetdoc

Is the Roper Plate for the V11 a direct fit to the Centauro or are there different models of the plate? Can Pete or someone out there please set me straight? 

Thanks,

Jetdoc

2 hours ago, Chuck said:

For whatever reason, a Roper plate doesn't seem to be needed on the Centauro. That said, as far as I know.. they're the same.

Why not Chuck?

As I understand it, Pete originally designed them for the V11s as they were lunching cranks at an alarming rate.

The Centauro/Daytona/Sportis less so but only by nature of less aggresive gear ratios meaning they were less prone to the pickup getting uncovered under hard acceleration

Pete recommended I install one on my Sporti and as the Centauro/Daytonas are similar I put one on that engine too. Over on the COG forum there were quite a few threads on "Sloppage Sheets" and a lot of people installed them

I'd strongly recommend them for any broadsump engine.

The plate also has the added benefit of allowing more oil to be stored in the sump which also helps

I've installed one in my Sport-i of course, even though it's acknowledged that 5-speeds don't have the low gear acceleration enough to create a problem. I never saw my oil lamp flicker; but hey, it's a known issue with this engine configuration, and they're cheap insurance. What if one lives on a steep grade? Besides, all the cool kids have them.

• Haha 1

Kostarika: Based on your response and your listed bikes, am assuming you have plates for both your V11 and Centauro? Did you get both of these plates from Pete or another source? Was betting on them being the same, shows what I know.

48 minutes ago, Jetdoc said:

Kostarika: Based on your response and your listed bikes, am assuming you have plates for both your V11 and Centauro? Did you get both of these plates from Pete or another source? Was betting on them being the same, shows what I know.

AFAIK the one and only plate fits V11, 1100 Sport, Daytona and Centauro

• Like 1

I only designed the one plate for 'Broad Sump' engines and it fits all models. If the plagiarists who stole the design have changed it slightly it would be unnecessary. I believe, from memory, that the later plates have a slightly longer dipstick slot to prevent the stick fouling on the plate but apart from that my design never changed when I was manufacturing them.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

Hey Pete - I imported a bunch of plates from you for a group buy for members of this site several years ago. There were 2 different plates. I think the other was for Tonti-framed bikes. Out of curiosity, and since I now have a 1989 Lemans 1000, which bikes are your Tonti plates intended for?