2000 v11 moto guzzi rear brake caliper rebuild kit

thumper

3 minutes ago, thumper said:

Thanks saw that would like to get it before Aug 23.

US supplier if possible.

Ah. Sorry, I missed that is in the UK . . .

5 hours ago, thumper said:

Thanks saw that would like to get it before Aug 23.

US supplier if possible.

I ordered bars end weights from Boonstra in the Netherlands. It was at my door in three days using DHL.

Actually, they arrived before my Formotion instruments ordered the same day from California.

Contact Powerhouse UK directly tomorrow https://powerhouse.uk/ forget eBay...

Remember, if the parts are new, they should be VAT exempted and the courier to the USA should also be VAT free.

Since the parts are below $800, you should escape paying import duty. I did not pay any import taxes for my bar ends weights.

When you use eBay, they charge you automatically for local taxes independently of the country where the goods are sent.

Because in Europe, by law, sellers have to quote new item prices with the VAT included. There is no VAT on used goods. In EUR you only pay VAT on new items.

• Thanks 2

11 minutes ago, docc said:

I tried searching the Brembo USA site for the Brembo part number for the rebuild kit (PHGV11RPSK), but no luck.

I am guessing a call to Brembo Italy is in order. The US representation of some of the foreign companies here seem to be purely PR work.

I have been in touch with Alpinestars in California for my TechAir 5 airbag. Phone calls, and the people I spoke to always need to get in touch with someone else in Italy.

But when it comes to vintage parts, UK and NL are king.

• Like 2

+1 on overseas shipping. My recent parts from the UK, The Netherlands, and Israel arrived very efficiently. DSL is amazing.

The difference in efficiency clearing US Customs in Cincinnati versus New York is notable, as well.

8 minutes ago, thumper said:

Thanks for the information, May just order from overseas

You should be fine. Most of these shops go eBay for the exposure. But you don't need to pay the extra money from eBay since these guys have an Internet site, and they are certainly used to send goods all over the world.

I looked at the Powerhouse uk web site, and when you click on the repair kit to buy it, you are taken to eBay. Looks like you are going to pay the 20% local VAT on top of everything else eBay is going to charge you automatically, such as local US taxes too.

Do not waste time trying to address that issue with eBay, I tried so many times, and you can never speak to anybody who understands taxes.

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

6 minutes ago, docc said:

+1 on overseas shipping. My recent parts from the UK, The Netherlands, and Israel arrived very efficiently. DSL is amazing.

The difference in efficiency clearing US Customs in Cincinnati versus New York is notable, as well.

Well if you noticed, UPS, DHL, FedEx have a service charge for clearing customs "on your behalf".

I do buy a lot of goods from Europe, and I always get the taxes double dip. Boonstra does not use eBay, and they automatically remove the NL VAT when they sale outside of EUR.

• Like 1

I got a new one for my Rosso Corsa from AF1 racing a few months ago...Brembo Gold  Rear....GU30653001.. ( it says front on their site  when you enter it but its the rear..and that is the correct number for a rear)    It was only $104.00  dollars complete with new Brembo pads..and they usually have it in their USA warehouse..took about a week.

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, KINDOY2 said:

I got a new one for my Rosso Corsa from AF1 racing a few months ago...Brembo Gold  Rear....GU30653001.. ( it says front on their site  when you enter it but its the rear..and that is the correct number for a rear)    It was only $104.00  dollars complete with new Brembo pads..and they usually have it in their USA warehouse..took about a week.

I queried their website with the part number posted, and drew a blank. I got an Aprilia part number instead:

Front-brake-caliper-AP8213196

Front brake caliper - AP8213196

Obviously, the manufacturers always do that! they take a Brembo part number, and they rebrand it with their own part number. It would be so simple if they had kept the Brembo part number across the board, so only one reference, even if compatible with multiple motorbikes.

But we are no longer talking about a repair kit....

• Like 1

In the workshop manual I have in pdf format, there is not a single part number for any of the components. They are described by their names, they have an item number, but no part number quoted.

The link supposed to provide you the manual for the V11 with the part numbers no longer work.