SOS In the shop,which is the fuel pump relay?

mznyc

4 minutes ago, Pressureangle said:

you'll be rewarded.

I bought a vintage bike (26 years old, 16 years ago) for $600. Cheap because it was electrically "dead, and I can't figure it out". I thoroughly dressed every connection as mentioned. Grounds as well. Fired up and runs like new, still.

• Like 3

Same deal with my MZ in a PIle. (tm) Switch gear apart, wires loose everywhere. Sourced a carb because the Distinguished Previous Owner had been in there, too, and broke the float pedestal. :D DeOxited and hooked everything back up according to the wiring diagram, and it's been good for years.

• Like 4

I wish this image were more clear, but here is where the power to the fuel pump can be checked for voltage on an early V11 with the external pump on the left side of the spine frame above the left cylinder . . .

IMG_9288.jpg

On 11/3/2022 at 2:07 PM, Chuck said:

Same deal with my MZ in a PIle. (tm) Switch gear apart, wires loose everywhere. Sourced a carb because the Distinguished Previous Owner had been in there, too, and broke the float pedestal. :D DeOxited and hooked everything back up according to the wiring diagram, and it's been good for years.

Thanks Chuck,the bike has never been molested by me or previous/original owner.I will check connections are switchgear if the relay board is not the issue but when this originally happened I pulled the board and massaged it,it came to life,so going to focus on that first then move on to other options...Thanks!

22 hours ago, docc said:

Alright, my improved effort:

IMG_8586.jpg

Thanks Docc,this will help if the relay board is not the issue...

On 11/3/2022 at 11:59 AM, Pressureangle said:

I had to disassemble the terminals from my relay board to tighten and DeOxit the terminals to eliminate the intermittent failures and ghosts. Resign yourself to the tedium and you'll be rewarded.

Thanks PA!

• Like 2

Got to poke around today.Yep,fiddle with that relay and she comes to life.Can't isolate which connection is failing tho,...I guess beefing up the whole block is in order....

• Like 2