Moto Guzzi V100 Sport Tourer: water cooled, 120 HP (26th of August 2021)

p6x

In that case you chinless numpty how about releasing some parts diagrams or a service manual, (Being a completely new design they might even be able to get someone to write it without incorporating inaccurate info about previous models! That would be a first!)

Im not the least interested in what it looks like or how it performs. All that is secondary to me. I want to see how it f*cking WORKS!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

On 10/24/2022 at 4:12 PM, pete roper said:

A lot to like there, as long as it works.

I suppose we should expect a bit of, er, derived solutions, as the bananas get peeled by the monkeys . . . :luigi:

• Haha 1

The use of wet liners is interesting. I wonder why they went that way rather than nicasiling the block like the 'Prilla V4's and the like?

Nice to see a return to replaceable main bearings too.

Scisor gear for primary timing and single chain per side. I want to see more detail of the finger followers and how they are moved for valve lash adjustment.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

Fascinating. Very much a departure from the past for Guzzi. Truly a clean sheet design.

The wet liners remind me of the Aprilia XV engine. 

• 5 weeks later...

Source:
https://www.facebook.com/gabroracing/photos/pcb.5988462924594931/5988451231262767/

v10010.jpg

"Green is drag, mainly from tyre to roller contact. Red is measured rear wheel power, Black is calculated power at the clutch, Blue is a calculated torque at the clutch."

"So this should be the very first indipendent dyno test for the Moto Guzzi newcomer V100 Mandello.
She was just out of the break-in period and pulled 112hp on my very conservative dyno, pretty much matching the 115hp declared power.
Power delivery is clean with no dips at all, with strong low end, stronger midrange, and nice topend till the 9500rpm rev limiter.
Good work Moto Guzzi!"

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 11/25/2022 at 10:49 AM, guzzigary said:

Wondering why those dyno results don’t show HP and torque crossing at 5252 RPM:huh2:

My two cents, several factors appear to be in play there.

For one, the horsepower and torque graphs are using different scales. So a line indicating a given amount of power indicates a different amount of horsepower than the same point wound indicate for torque.

Also, it is in different scales for power and torque than horsepower and ft/lbs of torque. Not sure how that transfers.

Next, the power measurement is not in rpms but in kilometers per hour. There is rpms across the bottom, but the measuring is actually by rear wheel speed.

One more, once you switch to a calculated value, like when they calculate power at the clutch vs their measurement which is at the rear tire, all bets are off. I don't read Italian, but I believe the red line is actual power measured at the rear tire and the other two lines are calculated horsepower and torque at the clutch (we would normally refer to that as power at the crank, but whatever). Either way, the blue and black lines are calculated and not real measurements. That, combined with the different scales for HP and torque mean all bets are off.

But that is okay, it is still a good spread of power, and it looks like the new engine is a good one. I hope it doesn't suffer the design flaws of the one it replaces. The 8v motor had good power, but ate its valve train.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Local Guzzi dealer advert, stating that their demo bikes are arriving in December (2022!)

3EF70D89-9CC7-4AF0-AA44-428042A0E977.png

• Like 1

• 1 month later...