Moto Guzzi V100 Sport Tourer: water cooled, 120 HP (26th of August 2021)

p6x

Thanks Speedfrog!  I'm guessing that's quite a bit smaller than my Norge panniers..will have to find the specs on them.  Less gear...travel light (er)!  

The V100 is really growing on me, especially the green "S" paint scheme that gives the appearance of a separate fairing.

I think I like the pre-release/press "S" bike appearance better though with the gold wheels and black heat shields on the headers as seen in the attached image below.  If I were to buy an "S" today with its black wheels I think I'd ask the dealer if I could pay to swap the gold wheels from a "non-S" onto the "S" :sun:

But let's even assume I were in the market for a new motorcycle (I'm not); I generally conform to my rule of not buying the first year model of an automobile or motorcycle to avoid "teething pains", and there is a lot that is new... well everything :lol:

And over the next year or three undoubtedly Moto Guzzi will update this model and others yet to be announced that will be based upon this engine.

So I'm not likely to be at risk of being an early adopter, but I'll definitely be keeping my eye on the V100 and what may even come next :bike:

Moto-Guzzi-Pre-Production.jpg

Moto-Guzzi-V100-Production.jpg

• Like 3

And the rumors of further models based upon the new engine and platform have already begun :ninja:  ...apologies if already mentioned.   But it does make one wonder about what other models may be released based upon this new platorm, such as perhaps a fully faired Lemans that could hopefully hide that giant radiator :unsure:    ^_^

https://www.bennetts.co.uk/bikesocial/news-and-views/news/2022/december/moto-guzzi-stelvio-replacement

https://www.advrider.com/moto-guzzi-to-revive-the-stelvio/

https://www.rideapart.com/news/625581/moto-guzzi-stelvio-teaser-eicma2022/

In 2022, Moto Guzzi refreshed its flagship model range with the V100 Mandello, a sporty and technologically advanced sport tourer. Now, multiple European publications—including Motorad Online—seem to agree that the upcoming Stelvio will be equipped with the same engine found in the V100 Mandello. As such, chances are that the new Stelvio will not be a BMW R 1250 GS or KTM 1290 Super Adventure rival, but rather, a slightly smaller ADV machine that sits somewhere between the middleweight and heavyweight segment.

More specifically, the 1,042cc, transverse-mounted V-twin of the Mandello could very well be stuffed into this new adventure tourer. At present, it’s tuned to produce a max output of about 115 horsepower and 73 lb-for of torque. Should these figures remain unchanged, then we’re looking at a potential rival to the likes of the KTM 890 Adventure R and Ducati Multistrada V2. With all that on the table, it’s important to note that all we can do for now is speculate, as Moto Guzzi has been eerily quiet about the Stelvio following its little teaser back in EICMA 2022.

is-moto-guzzi-reviving-the-stelvio-adven

• Like 2