Moto Guzzi V100 Sport Tourer: water cooled, 120 HP (26th of August 2021)

p6x

I agree 100% with Giuseppe from the same article-

All that is well and good. Maybe. Fair question: Can Gooz execute? Fact is they prototyped this motor what 25 years ago? And the look, the vibe of the bike recalls an awkward take on the regrettably failed Terreblanche experiment. They'd be way better off today if they'd had the ball bearings to roll with it.

It's all indicative of a company missing the backbone to lead.

Yes, Guzzi is sometimes nice on design and dynamics, but just abysmal on execution.

At the end of the day Gooz reliably fails and shows contempt for its customers by pumping out poorly assembled, poorly executed, not ready for prime-time bikes.

Don't believe me? Three little words. Griso valve train. Look it up. And I'm going to beat on that drum and add:

Griso electrics. Griso lubrication. This all applies to Stelvio as well. Don't get me started on dealerships, service, the Roadside Contempt Program.

So until someone can persuade me that Mandello has implemented a well-funded and serious program to vet components, vendors, assembly line performance and invests in a serious way on building the dealer network, the answer is:

non tra un milione di anni

Hey, three time Gooz owner here. Just fired up a couple of them for the first time this year. So I've been there, rode that, got the toolbox to prove it.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, bbolesaz said:

2 minutes ago, LowRyter said:

Both links go to the same article. I've always enjoyed Kevin Cameron's technical perspective, so looking forward to reading this.

And this...  yep, if I even were to consider this, I'd wait 2-3 years to see what bugs get worked out, and what other models show up.

Riders will be drawn to this bike because of its looks which everyone would agree Guzzi hit the high mark on this one. But like choosing a spouse, there’s a lot more to consider with this bike than it’s looks. Wait a couple years and see what the initial buyers are discovering about the quality of this new engine that uses “100%” new parts not used in any other engine in the past.

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, audiomick said:

I enjoyed the article. It looks like some actual research went into it. ;)

Yes they did seem to take it seriously. Kevin was either bored or genuinely interested. I wonder how many reviews of every new ICE bike will begin with "and it's not electric"

• Like 1

I found some interesting info from Cameron.  The new Guzzi and my Duc 939 make similar horsepower over the same rev range and I learned a little about some similarities.  

My Ducati is called an "11 degree" engine, meaning mild cam duration with only 11 degree of overlap.  It seems both bikes have mild overlap but due lightweight valve train, still have high lift cams.  The Guzzi has finger followers whereas the Duc is a desmo.  This gives a wide power band and low emissions.  More overlap would mean peakier power at higher rpms and higher emissions.  The high lift cam still gets good airflow and power.

8 hours ago, Joe said:

I agree 100% with Giuseppe from the same article-

All that is well and good. Maybe. Fair question: Can Gooz execute? Fact is they prototyped this motor what 25 years ago? And the look, the vibe of the bike recalls an awkward take on the regrettably failed Terreblanche experiment. They'd be way better off today if they'd had the ball bearings to roll with it.

It's all indicative of a company missing the backbone to lead.

Yes, Guzzi is sometimes nice on design and dynamics, but just abysmal on execution.

At the end of the day Gooz reliably fails and shows contempt for its customers by pumping out poorly assembled, poorly executed, not ready for prime-time bikes.

Don't believe me? Three little words. Griso valve train. Look it up. And I'm going to beat on that drum and add:

Griso electrics. Griso lubrication. This all applies to Stelvio as well. Don't get me started on dealerships, service, the Roadside Contempt Program.

So until someone can persuade me that Mandello has implemented a well-funded and serious program to vet components, vendors, assembly line performance and invests in a serious way on building the dealer network, the answer is:

non tra un milione di anni

Hey, three time Gooz owner here. Just fired up a couple of them for the first time this year. So I've been there, rode that, got the toolbox to prove it.

While I'll accept the flat tappet fiasco was a disaster in many ways I don't know what he's gibbering about about electrics or lubrication?

As for dealerships? Well, yes. And roadside assistance? If you get sucked in by that shit you deserve everything you get!

No idea

• Like 2

"While I'll accept the flat tappet fiasco was a disaster in many ways I don't know what he's gibbering about about electrics or lubrication?"

I guess: No grease on shock linkage + startus interruptus

• Like 1