Want to buy - V11 rear rack

BillyB

• 8 months later...
20 hours ago, Pressureangle said:

Looks a lot more versatile than the one on my V11, and because the tail bag is not secured properly, it tarnished the thin (extra thin, so thin) painting on my seat cowl! grrrr.... thank god we are getting those Kevlar cowls...

At the same time, they don't have a picture of the contraption installed on the real thing: 

https://ventura-bike.com/collections/moto-guzzi/products/moto-guzzi-1100-v11-le-mans-02-03

You would not happen to have one installed on your own?

5 minutes ago, p6x said:

Looks a lot more versatile than the one on my V11, and because the tail bag is not secured properly, it tarnished the thin (extra thin, so thin) painting on my seat cowl! grrrr.... thank god we are getting those Kevlar cowls...

At the same time, they don't have a picture of the contraption installed on the real thing: 

https://ventura-bike.com/collections/moto-guzzi/products/moto-guzzi-1100-v11-le-mans-02-03

You would not happen to have one installed on your own?

No, I don't have one. I only found Ventura while investigating a rack for my Son's LeMans.

• Thanks 1

FWIW, here's how I solved my tailpack problem on the 1100 Sport; this worked out perfectly.

FB-IMG-1521395959781.jpg

I used heavy velcro on a spare pillion, cut the bag straps and screwed the buckles to the base.

0511220923.jpg

• Like 1

I  contacted Ventura's distributor in the USA. Asking for price and availability. I am not desperate since I already have a luggage rack on my V11. However the bag on it was not designed to fit on this type of rack, and is a bit small to carry my photo gear.

I don't want to wear a back pack. Not really searching but if I see something that can do better than my actual, I would consider it.

Here's the link with all the rack and luggage sent by the US Ventura distributor. There is a drop down list with all the prices.

https://ventura-mca.com/collections/moto-guzzi/products/moto-guzzi-1100-v11-le-mans-02-03

They sent me the user's installation sheet.

It is a PDF file. If you are interested I can send it via pm.

• Thanks 1

Thanks for the Ventura pointer. I had one of those (the Sport Rack) on an Aprilia Tuono and it worked well - it would fit a Givi mounting plate so I could carry a trunk. Didn't think to see if they were still selling them for the Lemans.

Naturally I just sold the Aprilia rack cheap, without thinking I could use the actual rack piece (not the mounting ears) on the Guzzi. Oh well, looks like I'll buy a new one. Thanks all!

14 hours ago, docc said:

You can post a link to the pdf file here. Just copy and paste the URL.

The pdf file was sent to me via email. To be able to post a link, I need to post it somewhere shareable. Like google my drive. I can do that.

@BillyB

Here's the link for the installation of the Ventura luggage rack specific to the V11 Le Mans.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1qoE7vF3lLDFIygkOyaetkpXXTYXMYvlJ/view?usp=sharing

Nota Bene:

If you ever purchase this system, please a post a photo of the installation. I will come back later with a picture of what I currently have.

• Thanks 1

Thanks for the link, I tried it but I had to request access, so you may get a request regarding this. I will likely buy the Ventura sport rack with mounts and will send pics when its installed. Like I said, I had that same rack on my Tuono and it was well made and did what I want a rack to do. But yeah - ugly, even with just the mounts (and no rack) on the bike. Oh well, can't have everything.