fork spring rate 03 Lemans

BillyB

7 hours ago, BillyB said:

Phil, I like the air gap method because a few times in the past (other bikes) I've thought I drained the forks completely and when I put in the measured amount of oil, it was way off (too much). Anyways I set it to 110mm.

I just took the bike for a spin and the M-Shock seems really nice right out of the box. The forks seem like they have too much compression damping and not enough rebound. I didn't have the time to check sag or fiddle with the rebound adjuster and take another ride. Ah... just dawned on me... now that I'm typing this and think of where I set rebound at, its all the way backed out on both forks because I did this to take it apart and forgot to set it back to something reasonable. That likely solves that issue! There is no compression adjustment on these forks so I'm probably stuck on that unless I want to put lighter oil in. I used 7 weight and could go to 5wt but that's not likely to happen until the next fork seal blows :)

Yea thats common because you can't get all the oil out unless you disassemble the forks so you adjust for that. I thought you had the forks stripped.

Ciao

Yes I did have the forks stripped down with the damping units out etc and drained the damping units for days. I've still had issues reassembling other forks with the measured amount of oil so I always use the air gap method now.

• Like 1