2004 V11 Ballabio Handle bars, Top Triple Plate, Handlebar Mounts - Wanted

PhillipLarsen

2004 V11 Ballabio Handlebars, Upper Triple Plate, Handle bar mounts wanted

Looking for original upper triple plate, handlebars (grey preferred), and handlebar mounts for 2004 V11 Ballabio.

My Ballabio came with the Lemans upper triple clamp, Lemans clipons, and speedo/tachometer relocated further forward. Apparently the dealer at the time had two customers, one wanted a Lemans with Ballabio bars, other wanted Ballabio with Lemans bars, so they accommodated both by swapping. I bought the Ballablio shortly after it was sold new, and did not even realize this was not the stock set up.

I really like the current set up, but would like the original Ballabio set up so I can swap to that for some really longer multi day rides where my arthritis starts coming into play (67 years old).

Appreciate any help or leads on who may have a set of these they may want to sell, as some people may have removed Ballabio set up to install Lemans set up.

Main parts needed:

Handlebars  GU01600382

Upper triple plate GU01493180

upper U bolt (handle bar mount) GU01500680 need 2

LH Lower U bolt (handle bar mount) GU01500281 

RH Lower U Bolt (Handle bar mount) GU01500280

Screw AP8150049 need 2

Screw GU89682430 or 600123 M8 x 30 Need 4

Washer GU95008210 need 2

Cup GU273530505 or AP8123721 need 2

Spacer GU91182019 need 2

Rubber Spacer AP8144222 need 4

Spacer 20 x 29 x 4 GU91182004 need 2

• Like 1

Ok, great thanks.

If anyone may have an Upper Triple Plate for V11 Ballabio (the one drilled for the handlebar mounts), I would be interested in buying that as well.

• 1 month later...

Thanks fotoguzzi, I really appreciate the offer, from what I can tell so far they are not compatible. Maybe someone else will know for sure.

I wonder if a standard triple-clamp doesn't have props in the casting-mold already to support drilling holes for the mounting of standard risers. In that case you could buy the risers from LSL.

https://www.lsl-online.nl/nl/detail/2071085/superbike-kit-moto-guzi-moto-guzzi-v11-sport-zilver.htm

And you could check at Stein Dinze. It says the product is NML (nicht mehr lieferbar), but it will also be shipped in 1-3 days.

https://www.stein-dinse.biz/product_info.php?language=sc&products_id=55680#prettyPhoto

• Like 1

Thank you very much for the information motortouring. I am hoping not to drill the Lemans upper triple clamp to keep it looking nice, as I will still use it other than for long trips.

The Stein-Dinse triple tree and risers looks very good. I will check into it further, if I do not find any OEM parts.

24 minutes ago, PhillipLarsen said:

Thank you very much for the information motortouring. I am hoping not to drill the Lemans upper triple clamp to keep it looking nice, as I will still use it other than for long trips.

The Stein-Dinse triple tree and risers looks very good. I will check into it further, if I do not find any OEM parts.

Another thing that might turn up the parts is to save an eBay search for "V11" and "Ballabio." The exact parts you are looking for will most likely not be listed in search results, but if you message the seller, they might have the parts which are not listed.

12 hours ago, PhillipLarsen said:

Yes, I understood this, but if the upper T-clamp has the props, you can extend your search to any fitting upper T-clamp. That will be a lot easier to find. LSL has a template and the local blacksmith/fine-mechanic workshop will be able to drill a few nice holes. Personally, I always like to visit them and bring them a pie next day. :-)

• Like 2

Yes, that makes sense and good suggestion, much appreciated.

I will check the current Lemans triple plate to see if it has the props for drilling holes and if so can search for another similar Lemans/Sport etc. plate.

I checked the Lemans Triple plate currently installed, and it does have bosses on the bottom of the plate at about 14 cm apart (quite wide), but the top of the triple plate is not flat as it has a machined pocked over a substantial amount of the surface area and the step is about right in the middle of where the bosses are on the bottom. I would need to get some machining done to create a place where the risers could be installed and have a flat spot on the top and bottom.

I will keep my searches going for an OEM triple plate that will work without modification, and if cannot find one before spring, will order the Stein Dinze set up. 

Appreciate everyone suggestions.