V100 early adopters among us Guzzisti (and not)?

p6x

I am willing to purchase a Moto Guzzi V100 as soon as available where I live;  

29 members have voted

1. 1. I am willing to purchase the V100 as soon as available:

• Yes. Unconditionally.
    • No.
    • I may become interested later.

3 minutes ago, Lucky Phil said:

I'm just a conduit for info docc. The most unfunny person I know.

Ciao

Hey, "We're here 'til Thursday. Try your waitress. Tip the veal " . . .  :ph34r::ninja::grin:

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Lucky Phil said:

Seriously, this V100 concept looks very promising. I am looking forward to trying to keep up with one over the Cherohala Skyway on a South'n SpineRaid.

If'n me&myGranpaSpineySport last long enough . . . :oldgit:

• Like 1

20 hours ago, docc said:

Seriously, this V100 concept looks very promising. I am looking forward to trying to keep up with one over the Cherohala Skyway on a South'n SpineRaid.

94NM of torque from our old school, air cooled, 2V heads V11s 

108NM from my old school air cooled, 4v heads Griso 1200

I’m confident that my old school Guzzi’s will have no issue in keeping up with a V100, however as I fast approach my 7th decade I’m not sure I’m up to it :oldgit: and I’m a mere sprog (youngster) compared to most in my Guzzi club. Most of us are north of 60. Heck I was riding a CX500 over 40 years ago and my then girlfriend had a V50

I’m not yet ready to downsize from a V11 to a Honda cub, but the years are passing by too fast :oldgit:

DDB759EF-2483-4DFA-A9B5-CB353C781730.jpeg

• Like 3

On 1/11/2022 at 7:41 PM, docc said:

For me horsepower isn't the limiting factor regarding how fast I might ride on the Skyway or other fast and treacherous roads.  

eb4c9152a601798906388ee09bfabe57.jpeg

Excluding the human factor, stability, braking, feel and handling are prime.   

But yeah, my skill set and courage are the human factors.  :o

• Like 2

11 hours ago, pete roper said:
23 hours ago, Guzzimax said:

94NM of torque from our old school, air cooled, 2V heads V11s 

108NM from my old school air cooled, 4v heads Griso 1200

You do jest I hope?

No jesting, simply quoted what the folk at Mandello del Lario published in their manufacturers handbook. Whether or not they were jesting back then I cannot possibly know:D However if they were jesting in the past with the V11 / Griso stats who’s to say that they are still continuing the jesting with their claims for the V100

2DA39359-77E8-44E2-AE05-001297064AFF.jpeg

485A2CB8-7CC2-4FB4-B503-01ABC72A2815.jpeg

We still have not heard anything about the new Mandello....

No purchase price, no commercialization date, assolutamente niente!!!

The only information I got, which is not something I could really check, is that Moto Guzzi, like many other manufacturers is facing the supply chain crisis.

I sent an email to the Piaggio Group, no reply.

I am beginning to think we may possibly see it in Europe towards the end of 2022.

39 minutes ago, p6x said:

We still have not heard anything about the new Mandello....

No purchase price, no commercialization date, assolutamente niente!!!

The only information I got, which is not something I could really check, is that Moto Guzzi, like many other manufacturers is facing the supply chain crisis.

I sent an email to the Piaggio Group, no reply.

I am beginning to think we may possibly see it in Europe towards the end of 2022.

Truly, it appears no one has seen anything more than the two exhibition models.

The V11 sport (black!) was exhibited at EICMA 1997. It was August 2000 before I could buy mine in the USA (V11 early adopter!).  Not quite three years, but also not uncommon for Moto Guzzi lead time from exhibition to production/ availability . . .

gallery_328_223_561466.jpeg

• Like 2

It's quite lonely being only 1 of 2 willing to buy here, at least I have 3 other Guzzis to play with in the meantime!

But hey, that means fewer people to wade thru to get one when it finally is released in 2025!  No butting in line guys!

:)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 1/20/2022 at 10:09 PM, PJPR01 said:

It's quite lonely being only 1 of 2 willing to buy here, at least I have 3 other Guzzis to play with in the meantime!

But hey, that means fewer people to wade thru to get one when it finally is released in 2025!  No butting in line guys!

:)

I was going to say #metoo;

But listening to a streamcast during EICMA, there were rumors of a possible Le Mans edition following the Mandello. That stopped me in my tracks.

I would be willing to wait for a Le Mans. At the same time, I am beginning to doubt Piaggio's engagement to invest more when Europe is pretty much announcing the end of the internal combustion engines for tomorrow.

Once the Mandello is out and about, which in all honesty I have no clue when it will be, I will make a decision.

Now that the writing is on the wall, I think manufacturers are going to modify the long term objectives. Its happening already with the car makers.

• Like 1

On 1/20/2022 at 7:07 PM, docc said:

Truly, it appears no one has seen anything more than the two exhibition models.

The V11 sport (black!) was exhibited at EICMA 1997. It was August 2000 before I could buy mine in the USA (V11 early adopter!).  Not quite three years, but also not uncommon for Moto Guzzi lead time from exhibition to production/ availability . . .

gallery_328_223_561466.jpeg

Exactly!

Moto Guzzi presented the Mandello at EICMA 2021; the future is grimy. I am even thinking they may never commercialize it.

It arrives too late. There is a large procurement problem across the world. Piaggio is certainly not focused on Moto Guzzi.

It is very possible that we never see the V100 in the flesh.

I know they are renovating the factory in Mandello; I can't find much information on the progress and the inauguration time.

If they get it going by 2025, it will already be too late.

• Like 1

Noticed this advert on the Bay from a local Guzzi main dealer, that suggests ETA & price TBC and available to pre-order now. This must be wishful thinking. I wouldn’t be in the market for a V100 until they have a track record of at least 3 ~4 years problem free production, but I’m intrigued enough to call the dealer and ask if they have more information regarding when volume production is scheduled to start. My money would be around Q3 / Q4 2023 at the earliest 

BF04931F-7080-4B7A-8E70-F6D4C1F847E8.png

• Like 2

Very, very soon the collective V11 Community is going to announce the finalization of Beta Testing of the V11 series. :nerd:

Well, pretty soon. :glare:

You know, give or take . . . :rolleyes:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Guzzimax said:

Noticed this advert on the Bay from a local Guzzi main dealer, that suggests ETA & price TBC and available to pre-order now. This must be wishful thinking. I wouldn’t be in the market for a V100 until they have a track record of at least 3 ~4 years problem free production, but I’m intrigued enough to call the dealer and ask if they have more information regarding when volume production is scheduled to start. My money would be around Q3 / Q4 2023 at the earliest 

BF04931F-7080-4B7A-8E70-F6D4C1F847E8.png

This feels strange. If it was real, we would see many adds and I am convinced the price and availability would have been released through the press. But hey, maybe this dealer has connections?

Well, how much time is left before the production of internal combustion engines ends? many cities are going to prohibit access to anything not electric starting 2025; 2030 will only see clean cars being produced.

That's Europe.

I think that Guzzi needs to ramp up quickly. Maybe 2030 will slip to 2035. Nobody really knows.

I am thinking that I may simply make the most of my V11 and forget about anything new at this point.