THE GUZZI !!! HOW MUCH FOR THE GUZZI ?!?

So, some guy I know (he's my good friend, really, I'm not hating him for poking me with a hot stick) sends me some listing of a rather compromised, modified, and otherwise unfortunate V11 Sport on eBay. I reply something like, "Yeah, that's been bouncing around for a while. Pretty ridiculous price for something so bruised up."

Then, he says (and we really are still friends),

"Hmmm. So, what would it take to buy yours?

Not the "market" price.

What would it take?"

Honestly, I had the most unsettling dream that night that mySport just fell out from under me while riding it. Then, while my phone fell apart trying to call my wife and insurance company, gentle people pitched in and worked at putting all the parts in a neat array. I mean, down to the individual clutch parts, cogs from the gear box, like a full exploded view. I even got a look at the journals on my crankshaft. ("Not bad !", we all said.) My phone still wouldn't stop falling apart and I finally woke up in a cold sweat. [You just can't make up crazy stories like this. But, gonna hafta have a talk with my bud . . . :glare:]

"What would it take?"

"HOW MUCH FOR THE V11?

[what??]

SELL IT TO ME! SELL ME THE SPORT!

[Jaap !! Jaaaaap !!! . . .]

• Like 2
  • Haha 5

Emotional attachment to a machine? Surely you are not the only member of this site to suffer such an affliction. But if somebody wanted my Scura, I'd tell them $20,000. They'd say "I'd have to be crazy to pay that much." And I'd say, "That's right. Are you crazy?"

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

Full disclosure:  the good friend would not actually attempt to buy such a storied, enduring machine.  Just wanted to see if your humble Moderator would even put a dollar figure on something that has been an amazing part of his life.😎

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
1 minute ago, po18guy said:

Get a better friend.

Well, truth be told, funky unsettling dreams aside, I could not have better friends. Or a finer community than thee of :notworthy: V11LeMans.com.  :thumbsup::mg:

• Like 3

I have posed the same question to myself on occasion. The Tenni means too much to me to put a number on her. I know the value of her without the attachment but it's irrelevant. To such a query I would say... make me an offer. If it was silly money, I would accept it. I'd be silly not to. Pretty much what Scud said.

I'd be interested in anybody's GB :rolleyes:

• Like 3
2 hours ago, docc said:

Well, truth be told, funky unsettling dreams aside, I could not have better friends. Or a finer community than thee of :notworthy: V11LeMans.com.  :thumbsup::mg:

Friends don't let friends have Guzzi-less dreams. Guzzi-loss?

• Haha 1
5 hours ago, docc said:

So, some guy I know (he's my good friend, really, I'm not hating him for poking me with a hot stick) sends me some listing of a rather compromised, modified, and otherwise unfortunate V11 Sport on eBay. I reply something like, "Yeah, that's been bouncing around for a while. Pretty ridiculous price for something so bruised up."

Then, he says (and we really are still friends),

Not the "market" price.

What would it take?"

Honestly, I had the most unsettling dream that night that mySport just fell out from under me while riding it. Then, while my phone fell apart while trying to call my wife and insurance company, gentle people pitched in and worked at putting all the parts in a neat array. I mean, down to the individual clutch parts, cogs from the gear box, like a full exploded view. I even got a look at the journals on my crankshaft. ("Not bad !", we all said.) My phone still wouldn't stop falling apart and I finally woke up in a cold sweat. [You just can't make up crazy stories like this. But, gonna hafta have a talk with my bud . . . :glare:]

"What would it take?"

"HOW MUCH FOR THE V11?

[what??]

SELL IT TO ME! SELL ME THE SPORT!

[Jaap !! Jaaaaap !!! . . .]

Jessus Docc

You all good bro?  :huh:

Full disclosure I have maybe partaken in similar actions in my pursuit of a pristine Tennie.............. my bad?

Ciao

• Haha 1
11 hours ago, docc said:

@dangerous probably had a moment like that in 2015.

When I first began to look at Guzzis, DD offered me some advice. Mostly beer drinking, but there was some gems of wisdom. I asked if he would sell his Nero Corsa to me. He made a choking noise, then a lot of profanity. I took that as a "NO".

• Like 3
  • Haha 4

I always grow attached to stuff, whatever it is, and can never let go of it. Be it a book or a car. The more I have it, the less likely I am going to let go of it.

There is only one reason I am going to part way from some of the things I have accumulated along the road; death!

I have seen now enough around me, to understand that all those souvenirs that we could not live without are probably not going to matter to those you leave behind. For the most part.

I have a large collection of guitars, and I have seen what happens with those lot purchasers.

So I am going to set my affairs in order. As long as I can stay topside of my Le Mans, it will stay with me. But if my health decays to the point where I can only look at it from afar, I will find someone to perpetuate its desire of motion.

• Like 4