Motorcycle Grand Tour of Texas - 2022 edition - Repository -

p6x

Sorry to hear that…I would read them the riot act considering the $$$ spent and getting shoddy work in return, odd as they have a very good reputation so hopefully they live up to it.  

21 hours ago, p6x said:

Pop Quiz!

Who can tell the names of the six flags that floated on Texas since its creation? no cheating!

Guzzi at the six flags memorial

That would be the USA, Spain, Mexico, The Republic of Texas, The Confederate States of America, and . . . the other one.  (No cheating!)

• Like 1

11 hours ago, PJPR01 said:

Sorry to hear that…I would read them the riot act considering the $$$ spent and getting shoddy work in return, odd as they have a very good reputation so hopefully they live up to it.  

I am willing to listen to the reason why it happened before I make an opinion. However, this is the second incident and that does not bode well for the future.

11 hours ago, docc said:

That would be the USA, Spain, Mexico, The Republic of Texas, The Confederate States of America, and . . . the other one.  (No cheating!)

The other one is... France!

Remember le Sieur de la Salle? he had the French flag flying over Texas. Not the actual one, but the one who bore the Fleur de Lys.

Once France reclaims the Louisiana Territory, you will be French too... :P

• Haha 1

On 5/1/2022 at 9:35 PM, PJPR01 said:

Apparently during the test drive the technician was ran off the road by another car....

What was the Murphy law for this?

if anything can go wrong, it will?

• Sad 1

Stunning to say the least...and that caused a part to fall off in the process?  The story does sound rather fishy, no other damage was done?   Just out of curiosity, what part fell off?

4 hours ago, PJPR01 said:

Stunning to say the least...and that caused a part to fall off in the process?  The story does sound rather fishy, no other damage was done?   Just out of curiosity, what part fell off?

The latch receptacle of the soft top. This is located above the windshield. When you close the top, there is a claw that comes in and locks the top automatically.

The latch receptacle is held by two screws that are held in bushings made of brass. He replaced the screws but split the brass bushings when screwing it on. He said he used a torque wrench and used the required torque. I don't usually drive with the top on, but sometimes I close it to avoid transforming the car into a bath tube when rain is predicted. This is when that latch receptacle fell off.

As for the what exactly happened during the incident, I went to Einer's and no incident report was done. I can only give them the benefit of the doubt. They could have said nothing too. I would probably have not noticed since the damage apparently only on a rim.

Well, 100% of the damage and then some should be credited and fixed...I do apologize that I sent you in that direction away from your normal location, I'm sure you'll talk to the chief in charge and let him know his reputation is on the line here.  

• Like 1

On 5/3/2022 at 4:44 PM, PJPR01 said:

Well, 100% of the damage and then some should be credited and fixed...I do apologize that I sent you in that direction away from your normal location, I'm sure you'll talk to the chief in charge and let him know his reputation is on the line here.  

It is all fine. I think incident happens. I have not yet spoken to the guy who was driving it, but I will. So far, I only spoken to the owner. I want to get a full understanding on how a simple turn at a red light causes someone to lose control. There maybe a perfectly valid explanation, I simply want to hear it from the horse's mouth.

They sent me a text the car is ready for pickup. But tomorrow I am planning to go to Beaumont to check out that 101 Dalmatians fire hydrant.

On that topic, I never ever drive someone else's car or motorcycle. I am always afraid this kind of incident could happen. Even if you are not responsible, you still feel like you are.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Got a few stops in today on the way up to Kansas…Lufkin Texas Forestry museum, 3 stops in Gladewater and 3 stops in Paris Texas.

and now for some V11 content…I’m standing at my bike after getting something to drink at a gas station I think near the town of Henderson and a guy comes up and says hello and says his stepdad rides a Guzzi and we chat for a bit and he’s showing me pics of various bikes and one of a Lemans!!! No shit!  Who is he…none other than Leroy from Joplin with his red Lemans also headed to Cedar Vale this weekend!   Small Guzzi world!!!

P6x…by the way I found Ethanol free gas also in Paris right at the exit to go north to Hugo.  I think it was 87 or 89…can’t quite remember.  Anyway, Norge is running smooth, averages 41 mpg over the 400 miles today with some “spirited long runs” on the Indian turnpike and running 70-80 most of the day.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, PJPR01 said:

Got a few stops in today on the way up to Kansas…Lufkin Texas Forestry museum, 3 stops in Gladewater and 3 stops in Paris Texas.

and now for some V11 content…I’m standing at my bike after getting something to drink at a gas station I think near the town of Henderson and a guy comes up and says hello and says his stepdad rides a Guzzi and we chat for a bit and he’s showing me pics of various bikes and one of a Lemans!!! No shit!  Who is he…none other than Leroy from Joplin with his red Lemans also headed to Cedar Vale this weekend!   Small Guzzi world!!!

@leroysch ?

How cool is that!! :mg::race::drink:

• Like 1

11 hours ago, PJPR01 said:

P6x…by the way I found Ethanol free gas also in Paris right at the exit to go north to Hugo.  I think it was 87 or 89…can’t quite remember.  Anyway, Norge is running smooth, averages 41 mpg over the 400 miles today with some “spirited long runs” on the Indian turnpike and running 70-80 most of the day.

You are correct.... 87 it is. I read the wrong label.

I am positive the V11 runs better on EFree gas. I am running a test at present, exclusively city rides to verify, but I am convinced it makes a big difference. I hardly get a protest from the Le Mans and I run it at low revs.

The area where I live is 30 mph limited. Spring Valley Village.

I am going to push my refuels from 150 miles to 200 miles.

I have noticed and reported there seem to be a lot of people complimentary of the V11s. We saw that at Buc-ee's too. Everywhere I stop I often get compliments (for the bike only, unfortunately....)

• Like 1