Motorcycle Grand Tour of Texas - 2022 edition - Repository -

p6x

Wow

Great effort mate!

Seems like opposite ends of the weather spectrum on our recent excursions....

I froze and you boiled!

We do get temps in the 40's here too but I don't ride in them anymore...

Hat's off to you mate

Cheers Guzzler

Ps I've been stung a few times and always wear a neck sock!

It not only keeps you warm but it stops the buggers stinging your neck or getting into your jacket from the collar!

In that heat though..... 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, guzzler said:

Ps I've been stung a few times and always wear a neck sock!

I should have, not only to protect against insects, but I also got sun burnt. Including my wrists, since I rode with short gloves, and there is a band of skin showing between the glove and the end of the sleeves.

Riding Australia's back country is certainly more challenging. Can you even get gas easily? the one peace of mind you have here, is gas stations are plentiful. I think on 77, on my way back, there was a sign indicating a 60 miles drought from the last station. But I was riding the main highways.

4 hours ago, docc said:

Congratulations, @p6x !  I am impressed with you and with your Le Mans! :thumbsup::mg:

18,000 miles on the odometer. I have doubled the amount from the day I got the bike. 8800 miles from 2004 until April 2021; although I don't know what the exact mileage was since it was disabled when I got the bike.

The Tour of Texas is an easy excuse to go for a ride. I am already longing for the next excursion.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, PJPR01 said:

high speed runs!

Lots of police prowlers on the return trip. Maybe someone decided to temper those heavy right feet and wringing out right hands?

• Haha 1

• 1 month later...
On 6/26/2022 at 7:33 PM, p6x said:

18,000 miles on the odometer. I have doubled the amount from the day I got the bike. 8800 miles from 2004 until April 2021; although I don't know what the exact mileage was since it was disabled when I got the bike.

The Tour of Texas is an easy excuse to go for a ride. I am already longing for the next excursion.

Quiet on the Texas frontier?

• 2 months later...

Hello @p6x…still out there! All Ok?

Today I completed the required 25 stops to earn the patch for the 2022 tour!  It’s been spectacular riding weather these last two weeks so I was able to get a little time off work and knock off many stops!

I had previously covered Navasota (with you as well), Texas Sidecar in Donie (I missed getting Lone Star rider at that event!!), Camp Hearne, Lufkin, Terrell, Paris (3 stops), Gladewater (3 stops) and in the last 2 weekends covered Cuero, Buda (Creedmor), stop for BBQ in Lockhart with Galveston Dave, Burnet, Llano, San Saba, Brady, Mason, (Luckenbach…unofficial stop!), Center point, Bandera, Alamo BMW San Antonio, Johnson City, Texas City, Bolivar and Red Roof!  

What a fun tour!! Will see if I can get Beaumont next weekend!  I'm not sure I'll have the time before mid November to make it down to South Padre or the valley, would like to try to get 30 stops, no way this year to get the full 50 however.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...