Eighteenth South’n Spine Raid 2022

docc

22 hours ago, docc said:

Tehachapi to Tonopah .

Wait a minute. What do you mean local pronunciations? Tehachapi is in California and Tonopah is in Nevada. And it would a nice ride between them.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Scud said:

Wait a minute. What do you mean local pronunciations? Tehachapi is in California and Tonopah is in Nevada. And it would a nice ride between them.

I've done that. I've been everywhere, man. Wrote a song about it..

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Scud said:

Ha, yeah, I bet those place-names have "local pronunciations" out there. They just seem to fit so nicely in the sequence (as much as Tucson to Tucumcari) . . .

3 hours ago, Chuck said:

I've done that. I've been everywhere, man. Wrote a song about it..

"Of travel, I've had my share, man! "

• Like 4

On 2/7/2022 at 6:59 PM, docc said:

Okay, so . . . heads-up, y'all . . .

Bryan tells me that building 200 is sold out for our weekend (the rooms above the "Game Room").  I just reserved a room in 400 (above the garage) and understand there is one left in that building. 

And this is seven months out! :o

What is up? What changed?

There another factor you have to consider;

People who normally take their vacation abroad are now going domestic. It would be easy to think that should balance for those foreign tourists, but as I discovered last year at Yellowstone and Grand Teton, everything was mobbed.

It is actually good for some of the businesses to be "on demand" again after a period of drought. Too many have succumbed from the habit changes of their usual customers.

Around where I live, a lot of restaurants have permanently closed. Those who have managed to survive can't find or keep personnel. Hence, the reason why prices have jacked up so much.

I really would like to be able to travel internationally, but I can't plan anything with the continuous changes in what is required to be freely admitted in the countries I am targeting.

• Like 2

19 hours ago, Scud said:

Driven every kind of rig that's ever been made,

Driven the back roads so I wouldn't get weighed

........ but I'm still willin'

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Bryan, Lodge at Tellico innkeeper, tells me there there are seven (of the sixteen) rooms still available. Not sure what the mix is at this point. He does say the "suite" is still available, (two queen beds and a full kitchen below building 300 where Anna served us breakfast last). 

Just a heads-up for those planning this far out. Or this far away (from Tehachapi) . . . if you're willin' . . .

• Like 1

4 hours ago, LowRyter said:

Driven every kind of rig that's ever been made,

Driven the back roads so I wouldn't get weighed

........ but I'm still willin'

Just give me weed, whites, and wine.. best truckin song ever, and one of my favorites. LF was never the same after George died. :rasta:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, LowRyter said:

I didn't go there but those are the words.  I did have a chance to see them with Lowell. 

According to the book, backstage they were volatile bunch.  

Yeah, I saw Lowell, too.

• 4 weeks later...

Love the Little Feat quotes, one of my favorite bands!  Now, if we could work in lyrics from a Fat Man in the Bathtub..

Hay Mama, hey, let me check your oil alright?

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, HRC_V4 said:

Love the Little Feat quotes, one of my favorite bands!  Now, if we could work in lyrics from a Fat Man in the Bathtub..

Hay Mama, hey, let me check your oil alright?

So far as this board, BTDT.

• Like 1

"Runnin' down the street

[Rollin'] at the top of his [song].
All I want in this life-of-mine

is some good clean fun.
All I want in this life-and-time

is some hit-and-run"

3440771.jpg

• Like 4