Eighteenth South’n Spine Raid 2022

docc

• 3 months later...

Five weeks out to the Eighteenth South'n SpineRaid:mg:B):drink:

Currently in Tire Preservation Mode. I don't wanna be "that guy" hanging out at Wheeler's waiting for The Spoon.

If'n you end up "that guy", it's okay. Lots of SpineRaiders will hang there with you. And The Spoon is a good tech who's gotcha covered.

IMG_3080.JPG

• Like 6
  • Sad 1

11 hours ago, docc said:

Five weeks out to the Eighteenth South'n SpineRaid:mg:B):drink:

Currently in Tire Preservation Mode. I don't wanna be "that guy" hanging out at Wheeler's waiting for The Spoon.

If'n you end up "that guy", it's okay. Lots of SpineRaiders will hang there with you. And The Spoon is a good tech who's gotcha covered.

IMG_3080.JPG

Ha!  I was that guy ... but you know that.  :whistle:

i-Xb4sx83-XL.jpg

As for this SSR, I have yet to decide which Guzzi gets the nod.  The Norge is now, sigh, history.  Tales of that sale on site for the price of a beer (or better).  :drink:

Kathi has been looking forward to the XVIIIth, but our Seattle daughter just made her a conflicting offer of two weeks with the three grands out there, so I'll sadly solo it.  :(

Speaking of grands, one of our Maryland set is visiting.  Plan to give her a ride on the EV today.  She is game, but worried as she thinks "motorcycles are so dangerous."

That from a 13-YO who does this every weekend, and just back from a blue-ribbon "event(ing)" in N.C.! 

i-zBcrHxD-L.jpg

Anyway, looking forward to the SSR albeit sans supervisor.

Bill

• Like 10

21 minutes ago, Joe said:

Docc, do you have a schedule of rides and locations, roads etc for the South N' SpineRaid 2022?

Wow, that is such a great question!

As this is not an organized "rally" or actual "event", but only an "idea" - there really (really) is no schedule, locations, or prescribed roads or routes - yet, there are some historical commonalities . . .

There tends to be a lot going on in the garage at TheLodgeatTellico all weekend, especially in the evenings.  Folks tend to arrive Thursday or Friday, sometimes even Saturday.   Most of us leave-out Sunday morning, but some stay on.

Saturday invites us to ride as, and with whom, we see fit. Often solo, in pairs, or small groups will sally forth to engage the hills and dales (as well as the Appalachian Divide including the Cherohala Skyway and US 129 Deal's Gap/ "The Tail of the Dragon").

Saturday lunch at The Tapoco Lodge by the Cheoah ("Fugitive") Dam is very popular and we often find each other there, or another mile up US129 at the "Crossroads" (with NC28) that anchors the Tail of the Dragon.

Y'all get familiar with the roads and places. Bring your maps and GPS routes to share and compare.

Friday evening, under the pavilion at The Lodge at Tellico, will see some plans hatched and some alliances formed . . . 

:sun:   :luigi:  :race:  :drink:

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

On 3/13/2022 at 7:52 PM, gstallons said:

I'm gonna try . Ride my a$$ !

On 3/13/2022 at 8:16 PM, gstallons said:

What"s the phone # for the hotel ? I've been a George Jones* for three years at Burkesville . If you see me , you will see me.

Gettin' down to the wire, @gstallons . . .

Any hopes of seein' ya?

55 minutes ago, gstallons said:

No , this job has me working 5-10s and an 8 on Saturday . SORRY .  

George Jones again .

Ah, understood. I had my hopes up this time, "George." ;)

• Like 1

On 8/18/2022 at 1:08 PM, gstallons said:

No , this job has me working 5-10s and an 8 on Saturday . SORRY .  

George Jones again .

Any chance you might join us -- mostly Guzzisti -- in our "Mutton Run" to Daviess County at the end of September?

I'll post a general announcement in a separate thread soon, but it's the St. Mary's picnic in Whitesville on Sunday, 25 September.  Here's a slideshow of last May's:

May 2022 Kentucky Mutton Run

Bill

• Like 1

7 hours ago, gstallons said:

I am going to try and surprise myself and get to the South n Spine . Docc is usin' a mutual friend to work on me 1

Haha! "Two out of two doctors agree" . . . :nerd:  :nerd:

• Like 1