Eighteenth South’n Spine Raid 2022

docc

Docc,

On Saturday, some buddies from IMRG Chattanooga are going to ride up and see the geese ride. Steve, will probably be on his Indian FTR1200 up to take a spin on the Cherohala Skyway to Deal's Gap behind my Rosso. :bike: I think they are intrigued to hear 90 degree Italian opera rumbling out of our bikes. :thumbsup:

IMG_4970.jpg

• Like 4

2 hours ago, docc said:

I'd love to get that FT1200 Indian parked next to a V11 Sport for perspective and comparison!

Well, the long way around.  I was going to post this photo here but it was too large.  Anway, I was riding in the sauna the other day and there were only two bikes out, so I had to take this photo.   The owner said he has two bikes, this and the Indian you're asking about.  Next time I see him, I'll see if we can get a photo.  Having ridden the Indian, I'd guess they're close in size, even close in weight- they're not fat but big boned.  Anyway, you can understand why I took the photo.

PXL-20220828-195725323.jpg

• Like 3

(Less than) one week out. MySport is in "BikeWash ." The process of touching everything from stem-to-stern/ top-to-bottom looking for anything loose, suspicious, or overlooked.

IMG_8166.jpg

It is like Parc Fermé, but joined with a dedicated Tech Inspection. :nerd:  :luigi:   :sun:

• Like 4

13 hours ago, docc said:

I'd love to get that FT1200 Indian parked next to a V11 Sport for perspective and comparison!

Docc, FTR1200 def has more HP, but both it & the V11 Sport are on the heavy side of 450 lbs, so they are more a like than you would think. Steve has a pipe & “secret sauce” map so it’s righteous, but not a superbike.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Joe said:

Docc, FTR1200 def has more HP, but both it & the V11 Sport are on the heavy side of 450 lbs, so they are more a like than you would think. Steve has a pipe & “secret sauce” map so it’s righteous, but not a superbike.

yes, the Indian is 100+ HP at the wheel.  Both are over 500lb.   

• Like 1

Weather is looking like typical late summer, Tennessee: scattered afternoon thundershowers after 1pm.

Otherwise, no "severe" weather.

Just be weather aware. Getting caught up on the Cherohala in an afternoon lightning storm with no shelter is bad form . . .

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Managed to R&R the V7's rear tire without losing any of my blood or fingers. :grin:

i-NCB4JBB-L.jpg

i-XCThWnG-L.jpg

Now, I am cleaning it a bit after a recent run in the rain, tho we all know what a waste of time that is.  But, as @Joe posted, we still do it. :race:

i-HfRFRcw-L.jpg

Bill

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Joe said:

Toured the bourbon trail this past weekend....:bier:

IMG_5453.jpg

Mine of that is empty, but it was quite fine. :drink:

I like WR well enough, but am careful with it and when near Versailles.  My ex (R.I.P) was from Woodford County.  When we parted ways before my present blissful -- Kathi lurks; I am not as stoopid as I look :grin: -- incarnation, all her family used exacto blades to cut my head off in family pix.  These days, it be easier with PhotoShop and the like. :D  But I still stick to the speed limits in them thar parts.  :whistle:

Maybe I should bring the EV instead of the III.  The former has capacious luggage; the latter carries the CC's to buy things one needs!  I plan to bring a bottle of grappa and a bourbon.  Might be a Virginia one, tho that does trouble my Kentucky roots a bit.

@Joe, did you get to Owensboro and Green River Distillery?

i-36kD9qJ-L.jpg

Bill