V11 greenie in trouble

laurent

2 hours ago, laurent said:

Has anyone tried this new gearbox housing from germany???

https://hmb-guzzi.de/Gearbox-Housing-V11-black

Interesting - I wonder if somebody just got the mold or made a new one. I was disoriented at first because the house is upside down in the pictures. (oil drain hole is one top).

If I had a cracked tranny, I'd be willing to give that a try.

57 minutes ago, Rolf Halvorsen said:

Depending on which side you have logged into for HMB-Guzzi, you get 2 answers:

1 - available for about 260 Euros

2 - For the moment not available

I just got a response from them......not available:(

• Confused 1

3 hours ago, Rolf Halvorsen said:

Yes I have bought 2 or 3 from HMB-Guzzi.

They were beautiful - casted by the original producer - after process changes and maybee also changes in the radiuses in that area.

I would not hesitate to buy again.

Rolf

These are not available new anymore and haven't been for at least 32 months. I ordered and paid for one almost 3 years ago and was advised by HMB that the factory don't have stock anymore. You have mentioned previously "different alloy" for later versions but never produced any evidence of it and now it's "re manufactured" by the original producer and "maybe" changes to the casting? I'd like to believe it's true but I'll need to see some evidence. If we are going to add to the body of knowledge we need establish facts based on something solid, either comparative measurements or documented updates etc.

Ciao  

On 2/10/2022 at 1:48 PM, deadpen69 said:

Should I put the airbox & tank back on prior to the installation to better challenge myself?

No , you need to have as much room as possible & take as many pics as possible during the entire processs .

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Lucky Phil said:

These are not available new anymore and haven't been for at least 32 months. I ordered and paid for one almost 3 years ago and was advised by HMB that the factory don't have stock anymore. You have mentioned previously "different alloy" for later versions but never produced any evidence of it and now it's "re manufactured" by the original producer and "maybe" changes to the casting? I'd like to believe it's true but I'll need to see some evidence. If we are going to add to the body of knowledge we need establish facts based on something solid, either comparative measurements or documented updates etc.

Ciao  

If the producer has changed some parametres of the casting process - or increased some radiuses in that dangerous area, we will never be informed. 

1 hour ago, Rolf Halvorsen said:

If the producer has changed some parametres of the casting process - or increased some radiuses in that dangerous area, we will never be informed. 

So why postulate it if you don't know? It's a thought bubble thrown out there by you alone and just leads to confusion. You could have measured the ones you had and compared them to original early gearbox cases of course and that would be some solid information but that's not the case. So it's in effect typical internet scuttlebutt without any proven merit. 

Ciao 

Did you leave your bed with the wrong foot first today?

Since I have some knowledge about casting in aluminium - I thought that my teory could explain why the later boxes seems not to crack so often as the earlier types.

Smile to the world - and the world will smile back.

• Like 1

Just pictures of my new black gear housing from HC Motorradtechnik. Does look exactly the same as my other trannys. Me and spare parts.
Cheers Tom. 49dbec21d665730e555f384e982c5692.jpg5a1912018d9ea875f0d9b95daf1a9596.jpg3ef966d725d203fb99a8a58ae7677094.jpg2605cc8ed0ef6c7960c49a6ee81fad68.jpg

Sent fra min SM-A525F via Tapatalk

• Thanks 2

One more # on the casing.
Cheers Tom. db3c89dfcfb6e8e4c49164de80d5d1f9.jpg

8 hours ago, Rolf Halvorsen said:

Did you leave your bed with the wrong foot first today?

Since I have some knowledge about casting in aluminium - I thought that my teory could explain why the later boxes seems not to crack so often as the earlier types.

Smile to the world - and the world will smile back.

Or the fact the later bikes have additional gearbox supports via extra frame members. If you have "theory's" you should be specific about labelling them as such not present them as some sort of information you have. Give us the theory and explain why you have it so it can be tested otherwise it just ends up as a more "fake facts" and confuses people trying to fix and troubleshoot issues with the bikes and wastes time as was the case here. HMB sourced their gearbox housings from the factory and haven't had them for approx 3 years.

Ciao

3 hours ago, Tomchri said:

Just pictures of my new black gear housing from HC Motorradtechnik. Does look exactly the same as my other trannys. Me and spare parts.
Cheers Tom. 49dbec21d665730e555f384e982c5692.jpg5a1912018d9ea875f0d9b95daf1a9596.jpg3ef966d725d203fb99a8a58ae7677094.jpg2605cc8ed0ef6c7960c49a6ee81fad68.jpg

Thanks for the images. The casting details around the mounts looks identical to the earlier gearboxes. 

Ciao

• Thanks 1

38 minutes ago, Lucky Phil said:

Or the fact the later bikes have additional gearbox supports via extra frame members. If you have "theory's" you should be specific about labelling them as such not present them as some sort of information you have. Give us the theory and explain why you have it so it can be tested otherwise it just ends up as a more "fake facts" and confuses people trying to fix and troubleshoot issues with the bikes and wastes time as was the case here. HMB sourced their gearbox housings from the factory and haven't had them for approx 3 years.

Ciao

My 2005 Coppa Italia has no extra gearbox support. 

The pictures from Tom shown the right side of the gearbox house. I have rebuilt 5 such gearboxes - and all had leakage on the left side.

• Like 1