On 6/2/2022 at 9:46 PM, LowRyter said:

There's more truth than humor, since the 90 V twin seems to be the starting point for many of these.  And just look at most of the new parallel twins that are mimicking it.  Of course Ducati has gotten more notice for the last 30+ years compared to Guzzi.

From my European motorcyclist roots, Moto Guzzi was always considered a "niche" brand. Sort of connoisseur motorcycle. This is coming from someone who lived in a lot of different places in Europe, including in Italy, North and South. Mind you, when it comes to motorcycles, the South always was pretty quiet.

When I was based in Milano and Ravenna, I had lots of Italian colleagues owning motorbikes. Mostly Japanese and Ducati. As I made my way South, Pescara, and Sicily, Siracusa, Ragusa, Gela, motorbikes ownership decayed to nothing.

I saw the most Guzzi enthusiasts in France, in the 70's. I believe due to Anne-France Dautheville ride to Iran on a V7. She made it to prime time TV, and the Moto Guzzi got its reputation of a very rugged, crude, reliable motorcycle. To confirm the feeling, I can tell you I also got influenced by her book and interviews.

50 minutes ago, p6x said:

From my European motorcyclist roots, Moto Guzzi was always considered a "niche" brand. Sort of connoisseur motorcycle. This is coming from someone who lived in a lot of different places in Europe, including in Italy, North and South. Mind you, when it comes to motorcycles, the South always was pretty quiet.

When I was based in Milano and Ravenna, I had lots of Italian colleagues owning motorbikes. Mostly Japanese and Ducati. As I made my way South, Pescara, and Sicily, Siracusa, Ragusa, Gela, motorbikes ownership decayed to nothing.

I saw the most Guzzi enthusiasts in France, in the 70's. I believe due to Anne-France Dautheville ride to Iran on a V7. She made it to prime time TV, and the Moto Guzzi got its reputation of a very rugged, crude, reliable motorcycle. To confirm the feeling, I can tell you I also got influenced by her book and interviews.

I can't say I saw many Guzzis in Italy but I got a good couple nods wearing a Guzzi t-shirt.

21 minutes ago, LowRyter said:

I can't say I saw many Guzzis in Italy but I got a good couple nods wearing a Guzzi t-shirt.

True that!

For the first time a lady told me I had a beautiful bike!!!! granted, she was probably in her late sixties.... but who cares!!!

• Haha 1
On 6/3/2022 at 9:40 AM, GuzziMoto said:

So, on Friday in FP2 in Spain the two Aprilias are fastest, Aleix on top with Maverick behind him, about three tenths back I believe. It is looking good for Aprilia. Could this be the weekend MV finally justifies being on the factory Aprilia? Or is this classic MV and he will fall back?

After watching Q1, the camera followed MV crossing over to AE's side of the box for a high five. I think he said "I am back" in English for the benefits of the viewers.

Q2 did not go as well, 8th.

Tomorrow, Johann Zarco will win the race after saving his rear tire, the way he was able to do back in Moto2. Everybody expects Aleix to be first, but I am not.

Speaking of tires/tyres, from 2023, there will only be two choices of hardness to select from at each race, instead of the current three.

Michelin will decide which of the two choices will be available at a particular track.

Combinations:

Soft - Medium

Medium - Hard

Soft - Hard

P6X...is the new rule not allowing one to run soft/soft or medium/medium or hard/hard if desired on front/rear?

I'm just wondering why they don't let each team determine what to run, why does Michelin get to decide which tires are available, shouldn't it be the discretion of the each team to make that decision, or is Michelin somehow trying to cover their ass in some way here by teams making bad choices?

Merci!

10 hours ago, PJPR01 said:

P6X...is the new rule not allowing one to run soft/soft or medium/medium or hard/hard if desired on front/rear?

I'm just wondering why they don't let each team determine what to run, why does Michelin get to decide which tires are available, shouldn't it be the discretion of the each team to make that decision, or is Michelin somehow trying to cover their ass in some way here by teams making bad choices?

Merci!

Absolutely; you can run any combination you want. We are talking about tire/tyre allocation on a given week-end.

Instead of bringing three hardness choices for both front and rear, Michelin will only bring two. This is a MotoGP committee suggestion, approved by all the MotoGP teams. 

Currently, Michelin manufactures and brings three hardness choices at every race. It has been determined that only two of the three choices are used.

From 2023, Michelin will only bring two choices. At present there are too many left overs, and freight costs. If I am correct, the tires/tyres are specifically manufactured for each race. Left overs are recycled.

I think you need to look at it as a cost savings measure.

• Like 1
40 minutes ago, p6x said:

Absolutely; you can run any combination you want. We are talking about tire/tyre allocation on a given week-end.

Instead of bringing three hardness choices for both front and rear, Michelin will only bring two. This is a MotoGP committee suggestion, approved by all the MotoGP teams. 

Currently, Michelin manufactures and brings three hardness choices at every race. It has been determined that only two of the three choices are used.

From 2023, Michelin will only bring two choices. At present there are too many left overs, and freight costs. If I am correct, the tires/tyres are specifically manufactured for each race. Left overs are recycled.

I think you need to look at it as a cost savings measure.

God forbid you give the leftovers to some locals as freebee sponsorships. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

We have all done it once in our lives.... finishing our race one lap before the end...

I really feel bad for Aleix Espargaro, trading a second place to finish 5th. Not a complete disaster as with Francesco Bagnaia.

Fabio Quartararo has shown everyone he is the man of the moment.

Pretty boring race too... off to Moto Ameirca then!

• Like 1

So many crashes, and Takagami continues to wreak havoc as he did in practice.  I think he's going to have to be sanctioned here...there seems to be a pattern of poor riding.

Mr. Asparagus...what were you thinking, celebrating 1 lap too soon!!  AArgh...big points loss...a real pity.  Lack of experience being close to the front for sure costing him here.

Monsieur Fabio...je quite le chapeau!  Tres bien fait!

6 minutes ago, PJPR01 said:

.je quite le chapeau!

In French, this idiom is" Chapeau bas, Fabio"...

Joe Roberts was really doing well in Moto2, he seemed to be going for the win...

• Thanks 1
2 hours ago, PJPR01 said:

Takagami continues to wreak havoc as he did in practice.  I think he's going to have to be sanctioned here...there seems to be a pattern of poor riding.

According to Moto.it, no penalty (at the moment) will be given to Takagami. Race incident seems to be the consensus. I think a seasoned pilot like Takagami should have known better than trying to brake too late at the first curve. He was lucky too. I saw his visor flying off when he hit Bagnaia's rear tire. What was he thinking?

• Thanks 1
On 6/5/2022 at 12:59 PM, p6x said:

We have all done it once in our lives.... finishing our race one lap before the end...

I really feel bad for Aleix Espargaro, trading a second place to finish 5th. Not a complete disaster as with Francesco Bagnaia.

Fabio Quartararo has shown everyone he is the man of the moment.

Pretty boring race too... off to Moto Ameirca then!

No, actually we haven't all done it. In fact, very few of us have done it. That said, if it wasn't so tragic it would have been hysterical. What a bonehead move by Aleix. That is worse than crashing on the cool down or warm up lap.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, GuzziMoto said:

No, actually we haven't all done it. In fact, very few of us have done it. That said, if it wasn't so tragic it would have been hysterical. What a bonehead move by Aleix. That is worse than crashing on the cool down or warm up lap.

I've done it. (only once when I was so far ahead I wasn't challenged) I've also crashed on the warm-up lap. Never crashed on cool down, though. 

• Like 1

Considering the injuries caused to others by Taka's mistakes, I think he should be penalized for sure.  Rins was 100% correct that Race Direction is basically absent in their decision making process and seems to be incapable of making a decision here.