2022 MotoGP Grand Prix of Qatar: propose a winner.

I am going to go out on a limb, but I will put down Johann Zarco.

He arrived second last year, and he is going to be one of the guys who needs to show himself to secure a contract in 2023.

The race did not happen  for MotoGP in 2020, only moto2;

In 2019, 2018 Andrea Dovizioso won. In 2017 Maverick Viñales; followed by Andrea Dovizioso.

I am putting this 2022 win on Ducati.

Zarco was the fastest at FP4 today.

As this is the practice used to check the bike in race configuration...

Too bad that at this point, he has to go through Q1.

Zarco was going to get to Q2, his last lap was good enough to put him in front of Fabio and Brad;

However, his lap got cancelled since he through a yellow flag, which are no longer flags but lights.

When you are on a flying lap, the last one of the session, the one that you had been waiting to ace for the qualifying, you have to hang back?

I agree that it should be the case during a race. Many pilots trying to get in the front. But during a qualifying lap, it is not the same. I did not see Zarco overtake anyone as the yellow lights flashed. I understand the safety principle, but he should then be given the chance to repeat the lap.

• Like 1

I think I will will be pulling for crazy man Marc Marquez again this year.  Hope he can keep it crash free. 

(Will be riding down to COTA with 4 friends in April for my 1st live MotoGP.  Up until now, have only been to a Moto America race and some WERA races at VIR.  Excited!) :bike:

E Pluribus Unum: Enea Bastianini!

It was not Francesco Bagnaia, or Jack Miller, or Jorge Martin, or Johann Zarco...

What a fantastic result for the late Fausto Gresini team!!!!