Sign-up list for new carbon fiber seat cowls

FreyZI

14 minutes ago, Lucky Phil said:

Well if you get some Carbon seat cowls made I might be interested in one myself if they are high quality.

Ciao  

One more V11 thing I did not know I needed (or desired). :glare:

Until now . . . :huh:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

14 hours ago, FreyZI said:

just the pillion cover.

Incidentally, maybe this hump is due for v11lemans.com nomenclature.

I think painted to match hump cap is the best look for the V11. But a carbon fiber P-cover would be a nice accent on some bikes, and a great universal-fit for any privacy shields that have gone missing. There is a CF fabricator near me, and I assume also in many cities. I wonder if a private shop would be willing to a small run of cowl caps and a member here could simply provide one of their saddle shields to the fabricator to make a mold from. 

Viewer advisory... this video features a motorcyclist with a passenger who is not wearing proper protective gear.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

I'll make a few calls this week and see if I can get a quote.  I can provide a fabricator with a hump :o.

I assume, between those who've already expressed interest and a few more Guzzisiti, I could get six and maybe ten, bringing cost per item down somewhat from a one off.

Cheers.

• Like 3

On 3/19/2022 at 7:00 PM, FreyZI said:

I'll make a few calls this week and see if I can get a quote.  

First response back from fabricator: $300 per unit.  That seems a bit steep to me.  I'll get a few more quotes.  What's your price point?

• Thanks 1

I count six of us replying on this thread (four day old thread with 20 replies and 267 views).

Seems $300US might be about right for a one-off carbon fiber piece. :huh2:

What about the price, each, for six?

11 minutes ago, docc said:

I count six of us replying on this thread (four day old thread with 20 replies and 267 views).

Seems $300US might be about right for a one-off carbon fiber piece. :huh2:

What about the price, each, for six?

That is the price for 6.  I suppose it could come down a bit more for 10...

• Confused 1

Would that include the little padded bit? If so that might not be too steep. I was quoted a price for a starter cover that blanked out my memory and had me thinking "bondo on the back side" repeat ad infinitum....

1 minute ago, billgreenman1 said:

Would that include the little padded bit? If so that might not be too steep. I was quoted a price for a starter cover that blanked out my memory and had me thinking "bondo on the back side" repeat ad infinitum....

I have repaired so many early cracked body panels with several "backing" methods: fiberglass, epoxied "bread board",  JB Weld . . .

The "little padded bit" . . . likely a separate part . . .

9 minutes ago, billgreenman1 said:

I love an optimist :thumbsup: And No.

Ciao

• Haha 4

You'd have to make your own padded part. $300 is a bit steep for me, but I'll keep working on it.

• Thanks 1

I reached out to Ghezzi-Brian about a carbon belly pan, they wanted 310 euro shipped. Currently the exchange rate is 1 euro to 1.10 dollar, so $300 dollars is probably the correct price.

Hi Joe, thank you for your e-mail

The carbon bellypan is available at euro 310,00 shipping cost to US included

Delivery time: 3 days from order

Payment: by PayPal

For further info pls feel free to contact me

Kind regards

Bruno”Brian”Saturno

2014-11-24-16.03.49-350x350.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

The belly pan is a hella lot more complex part than the hump. Maybe G-B will do some humps for us. I'll take a belly pan, too, while we're at it, if they can do it in matte.

• Like 2