Sign-up list for new carbon fiber seat cowls

FreyZI

Hi all, I've been away for quite a while and just discovered this thread and would be very interested in adding this bespoke piece to my Café Sport! 

I don't have that bike near me and can't measure the weave or remember the finish to say definitively what options I should chose.

Does anyone have an idea on the closest match to the OE Carbon fiber and if any of the options come close?

• Like 2

On 4/11/2022 at 4:22 PM, Guzzimax said:

Joe, looking at Ghezzi Brian’s website they don’t list any prices, therefore I assume everything is POA and you have to reach out for a quotation by email ? I like the look of that carbon belly pan for my burgundy “grape ape” V11

I've ordered from Bruno. Nice guy. His prices though not listed are for the most part pretty fair (even more fair if you can avoid paying VAT but that's beside the point). With me he used pretty fast shipping too. From Italy to California in just over a week. His kits for all being made by hand are very fair. 

• Like 3

On 4/20/2022 at 10:34 AM, Rox Lemans said:

So what's the progress on these carbon seat cowls? Would be a great addition to my Scura. 

Manufacturer was doing a race in Vegas and very busy. I'll try to touch base with him this week.  I left sample parts with him, so I thought I'd go back through Gettysburg and see him in the shop, take pics of carbon cloth options to post here. May not happen until I have a reason to go through there or a really nice day without responsibilities for a two hour ride each way. Still going to be a couple months...  Planning on a batch of 12 to 15, with requested variants.

Cheers,

Frey

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I rather like how the 2x2 carbon fiber matches my Z-Leathers and AGV helmet . . .

IMG_5802.jpg

But also, the Fender tweed on my Bassman amp . . .

IMG_7629.jpg

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

On 4/21/2022 at 3:38 PM, FreyZI said:

Manufacturer was doing a race in Vegas and very busy. I'll try to touch base with him this week.  I left sample parts with him, so I thought I'd go back through Gettysburg and see him in the shop, take pics of carbon cloth options to post here. May not happen until I have a reason to go through there or a really nice day without responsibilities for a two hour ride each way. Still going to be a couple months...  Planning on a batch of 12 to 15, with requested variants.

Cheers,

Frey

Cool. Keep me posted. Very interested. 

On 4/22/2022 at 3:37 PM, docc said:

I rather like how the 2x2 carbon fiber matches my Z-Leathers and AGV helmet . . .

IMG_5802.jpg

But also, the Fender tweed on my Bassman amp . . .

IMG_7629.jpg

Oh, the sexy glow of tubes....

• Haha 1

• 3 weeks later...

@FreyZI

Time for another update maybe?

May I ask the question? does the manufacturer has a tentative date at which he will do the seat cowl run?

1 hour ago, LowRyter said:

I've not kept up with this.  So if I could ask, 1) how much? 2) what, if any, colors?

I don;t mean to speak for @FreyZI, but if you look at this topic title in the 24/7 V11 index, there is an "Answered" post that addresses the cost.

Here is a link to the post with the "google sheet" of who has signed up and a synopsis of color and weave choices:

And a link to the manufacturer's color selection (ad $65 for color Kevlar weave, IIRC):

http://www.riggeals.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/11/Color-Carbon-Samples2.jpg

• Thanks 1

All:  Sorry to be incommunicado.  Been busy and haven't tended to this --  I have meant to reach out to fabricator, but always seems to be somewhat after COB every time I get around to looking at my to do list.  Last update was that he won't do vacuum finish, so no matte/satin.  I am hoping to finish up my hell week and then have some time for fun next week.  I'll plan to ride down to Gettysburg then and see if I can get some pics of samples for color options, etc.  He never did give me a final price.  Hopefully it doesn't look dramatically different from his estimate a couple months ago.  Sorry for the delay.:(

• Like 1

Late to the party here. If they're going to be available, I'll commit to a black one. It would be nice to see pics of the various samples.

• Like 1