Sign-up list for new carbon fiber seat cowls

FreyZI

My Mistral canisters are 2x2 (diagonal lines). I would like to match the bum-humper to them. Not that they are visible to anyone but me, as my nasty (but useful) Tekno panniers obscure them. :ph34r:

Will all the Humpers be the same, or will the fabricator lay them up individually?

> humper-hopers want to know <  ^_^

(BTW, I love this plan. :mg::drink: )

• Haha 1

• 1 month later...

@FreyZI , how's the production going? If not a worry I'll take the 2 you got. Im not worried about weave. If it's somewhat close Im more than happy. That stuff never matched from the factory anyway. I have a Scura and a LeMans with Rosso Mandello carbon parked side by side. Different weave, different finish..  

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...
On 4/3/2022 at 5:52 PM, docc said:

I got to thinking that once the prototype comes out of the mold, there will be room for others to sign up for the production run. I had also lost track of the current pledges. A scroll back through the thread shows:

@FreyZI, @docc, @Lucky Phil, @Joe, @GuzziMoto, @deadpen69, @Tom in Virginia, @Scud = 8 black, and @p6x and @leroysch for 2 in red = 10 in all.

(I'm not sure the shipping to the UK for @stewgnu, but my Joe Caruso timing gears are arriving in the US from the heart of England tomorrow and the shipping was painless, taking only a week.)

40 minutes ago, Joe said:

Docc, is this still in production phase?

Last visit from @FreyZI was about three months ago. Last major activity on this project was closer to a year ago (?) . . .

So, "dunno" . . . mySport would look right-sporting with one. . . . :sun:

• Thanks 1

Had a feeling this might be dead in the water. Finding one of these for sale is uncommon, they usually come with a bike attached.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, activpop said:

Had a feeling this might be dead in the water. Finding one of these for sale is uncommon, they usually come with a bike attached.

One can hope . . .

Best wishes to @FreyZI . . .

"Life" can get >busy< . . . :luigi:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, docc said:

One can hope . . .

Best wishes to @FreyZI . . .

"Life" can get >busy< . . . :luigi:

Guess that's the better way to look at it...you never really know.  At least I have the important part.

• Like 3

• 1 month later...

I haven't heard from Greg in ages, so I believe this is dead in the water.  I would still like to replace the CF hump/cowl on the Tenni, so I will make some inquiries (though pretty low life priority).  Perchance I find someone to make a batch, I'll just get a bunch and sell them off.  I won't get anyone's hopes up in the meantime.

• Thanks 3

• 4 weeks later...
On 9/22/2022 at 9:14 PM, docc said:

My Mistral canisters are 2x2 (diagonal lines). I would like to match the bum-humper to them. Not that they are visible to anyone but me, as my nasty (but useful) Tekno panniers obscure them. :ph34r:

Will all the Humpers be the same, or will the fabricator lay them up individually?

> humper-hopers want to know <  ^_^

(BTW, I love this plan. :mg::drink: )

I agree with Docc from Sept 2022, how do we get the ball rolling again?

• Like 1