Sign-up list for new carbon fiber seat cowls

FreyZI

I am rather uncertain about the weave size or how to measure it. My Mistral seem a rather large weave,  but my AGV helmet is about the same: strands are 3-4mm in length x ~2mm wide.

IMG_6900.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

49 minutes ago, docc said:

I am rather uncertain about the weave size or how to measure it.

Here's a link: https://www.vividracing.com/blog/1x1-vs-2x2-everything-you-need-to-know-about-carbon-fiber-weaves/

1x1 looks like a checkerboard, 2x2 looks like diagonal stripes. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Likes like I'm after 2x2. Do have a choice in the size of the weave ("satin/fine weave, satin, Large pattern") ?

7 hours ago, FreyZI said:

Good idea, @p6x.  Here's a link to a Google Sheet:https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/e/2PACX-1vRxzY1vqEMO45avvdnr-WqJcQYiXi14UHwDzr2MFGGgFc7XFzgc8oiuVYhcOXydhyPUZxUBOxQMTQbi/pubhtml?gid=0&single=true

And here's a screenshot of what that sheet looks like as I have populated it:

image.png

Red to match V11 Le Mans? :-) my S2000 is with a really passionate guy....

4 hours ago, docc said:

Likes like I'm after 2x2. Do have a choice in the size of the weave ("satin/fine weave, satin, Large pattern") ?

My fairing and front guard look 1x1 to me docc?

Ciao

21 minutes ago, Lucky Phil said:

My fairing and front guard look 1x1 to me docc?

Ciao

Your side covers definitely look more "checkerboard" to my "diagonal."

small.DSC01513.JPG.69d76bca60e7d49078315

Turns out I have quite the mix:  1x1 large weave satin front fender, chin pad, side panels; 1x1 small weave hugger (a bit more sheen); 2x2 satin Mistral cans; and 2x2 gloss booty lid.  Guess I can't screw it up too badly, whatever I do.  Thinking the blue weave will look pretty sweet on the champagne (especially if I keep the gunmetal pork chops).  

Revised sheet to reflect @footgoose's happiness with his current black booty bonnet.  @p6x, can I give y'all editing privileges?  Maybe we will get Google "Sheet bombed"? :grin:   https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1MG4LL0PE9ZBEyB7L9jmyZ16-ZkO3rMrBdcrVWVHjOmU/edit?usp=sharing

Off topic (sorry), but @docc, where did you find those MG eagle oval badges on those Mistrals?  My Mistral stickers are badly faded and I haven't been able to find new.  Those badges would nicely resolve the problem (if they would fit oval cans -- I know yours are round).

• Like 1

The options being made available to us on this piece are pleasantly surprising. Looks like I am "firm" on satin 2x2 for the booty lid.

As for those fitted oval canister badges, they have a story rooted similarly to this effort. In the early days ( :oldgit: ), we had a member that was a seat builder, one Rich Maund. My Moto Guzzi round cf canisters (likely built by Mistral) were delivered (after some typical delay of months) with a special plaque riveted to their sides that was not pictured in the (photocopied pages) "catalog" of accessories when my Sport was new.  I was determined to buy everything available from the beginning, both to support my dealer and accept that these pieces would be in limited supply.

I must say, I was rather crestfallen to discover these badges riveted to my lovely, new (and expensive) cf canisters . . .

IMG_6905.jpg

So I drilled out the rivets, popped new ones into the holes, and blackened them.

And tried not to see them. :ph34r:

Sometime later, I saw Rich had these etched, shaped medallions fitted to his Sport. He had an extra set and I ponied up for them. I had to move them to replacement cans (thank you @joe camarda!) after my 2003 crash.

They are typically hidden under my ugly (but useful) Tekno panniers.

But, ain't they sweet?  :wub:

IMG_4923.jpg

• Like 5

1 hour ago, docc said:

The options being made available to us on this piece are pleasantly surprising. Looks like I am "firm" on satin 2x2 for the booty lid.

As for those fitted oval canister badges, they have a story rooted similarly to this effort. In the early days ( :oldgit: ), we had a member that was a seat builder, one Rich Maund. My Moto Guzzi round cf canisters (likely built by Mistral) were delivered (after some typical delay of months) with a special plaque riveted to their sides that was not pictured in the (photocopied pages) "catalog" of accessories when my Sport was new.  I was determined to buy everything available from the beginning, both to support my dealer and accept that these pieces would be in limited supply.

I must say, I was rather crestfallen to discover these badges riveted to my lovely, new (and expensive) cf canisters . . .

IMG_6905.jpg

So I drilled out the rivets, popped new ones into the holes, and blackened them.

And tried not to see them. :ph34r:

Sometime later, I saw Rich had these etched, shaped medallions fitted to his Sport. He had an extra set and I ponied up for them. I had to move them to replacement cans (thank you @joe camarda!) after my 2003 crash.

They are typically hidden under my ugly (but useful) Tekno panniers.

But, ain't they sweet?  :wub:

IMG_4923.jpg

Thanks for the explanation, docc. Gives me an idea...

• Thanks 1

On 4/7/2022 at 4:44 PM, FreyZI said:

Good idea, @p6x.  Here's a link to a Google Sheet:https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/e/2PACX-1vRxzY1vqEMO45avvdnr-WqJcQYiXi14UHwDzr2MFGGgFc7XFzgc8oiuVYhcOXydhyPUZxUBOxQMTQbi/pubhtml?gid=0&single=true

And here's a screenshot of what that sheet looks like as I have populated it:

image.png

Just picked up on this thread, if you can organize a consignment to the UK,  count me in for 1

• Like 1

@FreyZI

Have you thought about setting up a payment scheme for when the time comes?

I would suggest that you stay out of it if you can, and provide a link to the manufacturer's so we can send our contribution directly when the times come? or is it all going through you? either way is fine with me.

I suggest you add a column to the sheet showing the payment price expected versus the status and date paid.

Since we are at it, maybe a date shipped too.

Just an idea, nothing that is absolutely required.

On 3/22/2022 at 12:40 PM, Joe said:

I reached out to Ghezzi-Brian about a carbon belly pan, they wanted 310 euro shipped. Currently the exchange rate is 1 euro to 1.10 dollar, so $300 dollars is probably the correct price.

Hi Joe, thank you for your e-mail

The carbon bellypan is available at euro 310,00 shipping cost to US included

Delivery time: 3 days from order

Payment: by PayPal

For further info pls feel free to contact me

Kind regards

Bruno”Brian”Saturno

2014-11-24-16.03.49-350x350.jpg

Joe, looking at Ghezzi Brian’s website they don’t list any prices, therefore I assume everything is POA and you have to reach out for a quotation by email ? I like the look of that carbon belly pan for my burgundy “grape ape” V11