So I bought another bike today....

For my son Landon. I know the gasoline ICE purist will not like the fact that its an electric bike, but that's the world young Landon grew up into. The EFTR Jr is a replica of the FTR Carbon, capable of 7mph in low and 15 mph in high settings. It has front and rear brakes with rear adjustable suspension. Learning battery charging management will probably do him well in his lifetime. My first bike was a smoking(literally) Italian made 50cc two stroke, Indian badged import from the 70's, I loved that bike and its still in my parents garage today. 

Landons EFTR.jpg

Landon FTRs.jpg

• Like 14
On 3/20/2022 at 10:30 AM, Joe said:

For my son Landon. I know the gasoline ICE purist will not like the fact that its an electric bike, but that's the world young Landon grew up into. The EFTR Jr is a replica of the FTR Carbon, capable of 7mph in low and 15 mph in high settings. It has front and rear brakes with rear adjustable suspension. Learning battery charging management will probably do him well in his lifetime. My first bike was a smoking(literally) Italian made 50cc two stroke, Indian badged import from the 70's, I loved that bike and its still in my parents garage today. 

Landons EFTR.jpg

Landon FTRs.jpg

Doesn't this represent child abuse of some sort? I mean an EV first bike, are you trying to turn him off motorcycling or something? What next, a Fender Stratocaster with rubber strings to protect your hearing. What's the world coming to.

Ciao 

• Like 3
  • Haha 5
  • Confused 2
17 minutes ago, Lucky Phil said:

Doesn't this represent child abuse of some sort? I mean an EV first bike, are you trying to turn him off motorcycling or something? What next, a Fender Stratocaster with rubber strings to protect you hearing. What's the world coming to.

Ciao 

Awe…..I was waiting for the ICE purist to show up. ✔️image.png Look I love gasoline as much as you, but reality check it’s probably not forever. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2

Pretty sure that Mattel V-RROOM! was my first "motorcycle(ish) experience." :huh:

I'm thinking it ran on a couple D-cells . . . Maybe four "C" cells. . .

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Joe I love it. It's a beautiful looking little bike with nice classic flat tracker lines, I think it looks the biz!

At that age fun is the priority, plug it in, twist the throttle, instant smile generator, win, win, win.

He'll have plenty of time and opportunity later if he chooses, to jump into the ICE game and worry about oil, spark plug changes, getting a part time job to pay for gas, repairs and tuneups; and deal with the inevitable occasional times the smile generator won't start and have to tackle the black magic voo doo of lack of spark, fuel etc,

I think it's cool that you still have your rebadged Indian from back in the day.

:race:

• Like 3
11 hours ago, docc said:

Pretty sure that Mattel V-RROOM! was my first "motorcycle(ish) experience." :huh:

I'm thinking it ran on a couple D-cells . . . Maybe four "C" cells. . .

Yep Docc, two D  cells, I've still got mine for backup and a Harley too!

Paul B:bier:

100_6832.JPG

• Like 4
  • Haha 1
17 minutes ago, docc said:

I have fond memories of tearing up the neighborhood with that growl!

Although I pined for one in the worst way, I didn't have enough spare cash for a Mattel V-RROOM! ; but I grew up in small town Quebec, so cardboard from cigarette packages were free and plentiful, that and a couple of clothespins mounted on the forks, my Supercycle bike usually had it's own very distinct growl, lol.

What I did have, that I loved so much, I wore one out and had to replace it, was a chain/lever/tire friction activated siren mounted on the forks as well.

The growl of a cigarette pack and the wail of my siren, pretty intoxicating heady stuff for a young kid; not so sure the neighbors were impressed though. :D

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

I had my dad walk out to his barn today and take a few pics of the old Italian made Indian 50cc two stroke. Maybe from Italjet or Franco Morini? This bike hasn't ran since around 1990-ish.

IMG_1572.jpg

IMG_1570.jpg

IMG_1573.jpg

• Like 4