2004 Coppa Italia

Joe

33 minutes ago, Rox Lemans said:

They can be real.. There was a company that made them. Pretty rare.. 

Someone has spent some money on that bike. The carbon rocker covers are silly idea as the carbon resin isn't heat tolerant enough for the purpose. Note on the high res image of the l/h cylinder head over the exhaust port the carbon cover is starting to take on a Copper colour, that's the resin becoming heat affected. I had carbon heat shields on my race Ducati's headers and currently have carbon muffler end caps on my Titanium Akra system on the 1198. They eventually go brittle and fail. On race bike exhausts it's weight over practicality but road bike rocker covers, no.

Add to that the difficulty in keeping aluminium ones sealed and it's a classic style over function scenario.

Ciao   

• Like 1

Lucky Phil I agree that the heat cycles would make this a bad idea. :huh: To be honest I didn't think it was even possible thus why I originally thought it was some sort of carbon fiber tape wrapped over the OEM valve covers. While this bike is def on the higher end on price, its rare and has a lot of farkles added, very nice example of a V11. :bike:

6240ccbfa4081a12f31a9b94.jpg

• Like 2

I'm kinda diggen the spokes over factory casts on this one.

And from my vantage point it looks pretty nice and again for the money a lot of machine and they look 10 times better in the flesh IMHO.

( As it has been said before.......... their not making any more )

Proper photos as well.

Ciao

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Anyone know what the closest paint match to the original is on the valve covers? Mine is starting to flake a little.