V11 Central Stand by Becker-Technik - Available from MG Cycle in USA - directly from Becker-Technik from elsewhere -

p6x

Some months ago, I searched for a solution to do basic maintenance on my V11; the forum provided help, and I also did some research. Unfortunately, I don't seem to be able to find the thread.

Nevertheless, I opted for the "Central Lifter" manufactured by "Becker-Technik in Germany.

If you live in the USA, you cannot purchase the stand directly from them; but you can from MG Cycle, here!

Suggested by @Speedfrog you can also purchase from Stein Dinse here! the price shown (at time of writing 105.33 EUR includes 19% VAT. If selling outside of Europe, it should be tax free + shipping.

If you live anywhere else in the world, you can purchase directly from the Becker-Technik website.

Safety:

• wear thick sole shoes to be able to use your full weight on the lever;
  • use a front brake lock; not compulsory, just a safe guard but better safe than sorry;
  • make sure you have space on both side of the bike should something happens. Leave yourself an out;
  • Leave the side stand out while deploying;
  • If possible have someone assist you on the other side of the bike. At least until you got the procedure mastered
  • Have a watchman during deployment if possible. Just in case something bad happens.
  • You should only deploy the stand on a hard and smooth surface.

I need to make a video to show how it deploys. Unlike central stand equipped motorbikes, you "wedge" the stand underneath the bike, which requires less efforts, as long as the surface where the wheels have to roll is smooth. The pictures below show my garage floor, which is adequate.

I have tried to deploy it on a rougher surface, and I could not get it underneath, because the wheels caught on asperities. Becker says you can use a lever to ease up the operation.

To release the stand, you stop the wheels from turning and you push the bike forward. This part is very easy. I used my foot to do it.

As specified on the website, you need two 18mm by 1/2" drive sockets which are not supplied with the stand.

Central lifter 3:4 view non deployed

Central lifter left front view non deployedCentral lifter front view non deployedBecker-Technik Central Stand V11 Moto GuzziBecker-Technik Central Stand right side view V11 Moto GuzziBecker-Technik Central Stand  left side view V11 Moto Guzzi

• Like 1

7 hours ago, billgreenman1 said:

Pic of it in the folded up position?

I will add one possibly later today; if not, tomorrow.

I am planning to upload a video of the rig up and rig down too. I just need to find a camera operator.

6 hours ago, footgoose said:

Where is your 18” long, half inch drive breaker bar?

We don't know ourselves well enough, do we?

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, p6x said:

We don't know ourselves well enough, do we?

?    I didn't see you mention using one in your process or a photo. To use this stand I put the front wheel in a "condor" wheel chock, which stabilizes the bike, position the stand and lever it up with said breaker bar. Comes down easily too. I've done it without the chock but I like servicing it in the chock because a shop tipover is not an option. If I need to service the front end I use a floor jack under the motor, in conjunction with the rear stand and lift the wheel out of the chock, using ratchet straps to the rafters to stabilize. I'm used to doing without assistance and it's just the system I've come to use.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, footgoose said:

?    I didn't see you mention using one in your process or a photo. To use this stand I put the front wheel in a "condor" wheel chock, which stabilizes the bike, position the stand and lever it up with said breaker bar. Comes down easily too. I've done it without the chock but I like servicing it in the chock because a shop tipover is not an option. If I need to service the front end I use a floor jack under the motor, in conjunction with the rear stand and lift the wheel out of the chock, using ratchet straps to the rafters to stabilize. I'm used to doing without assistance and it's just the system I've come to use.

My poor attempt to humor fell flat on its face....

In my narrative, I state that Becker does recommend to use a lever.

I agree to set the front wheel in a choke to fully advert potential tip over. It seems to be the safest way to deploy the stand. I don't have one of these.

4 hours ago, p6x said:

I will add one possibly later today; if not, tomorrow.

I am planning to upload a video of the rig up and rig down too. I just need to find a camera operator.

Updated with a photo of the stand not deployed.

For some reason, I managed to mess up my thread, no matter what, it only displays the one photo. I am not sure where the problem comes from.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

I got one of these stands with my Griso and adapted it with sockets to lift my V11.

The problem I have with my mcgyvered outfit is that , the big nuts on the pork chops have to be slightly loose so the stand can rotate into position.

Do you have to loosen the nuts with your Becker-Technik?

Yes, a big 1/2" drive johnson bar is the perfect lever to use with it.

18 minutes ago, 80CX100 said:

I got one of these stands with my Griso and adapted it with sockets to lift my V11.

The problem I have with my mcgyvered outfit is that , the big nuts on the pork chops have to be slightly loose so the stand can rotate into position.

Yes, a big 1/2" drive johnson bar is the perfect lever to use with it.

I do not. the sockets mount on a round boss

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, 80CX100 said:

I do not either. The "for Griso" Becker-Tecknik Central Lifter is different from that of the V11; different part number.

The stand has two axial cylindrical struts to fit a 1/2" square drive. I believe this is to make it more versatile. You purchase the sockets that fit your bike, whatever size as long as it fits a 1/2" drive square.

You can see that in the other pics that I had initially posted and managed to post again.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, p6x said:

I do not either. T

he stand has two axial cylindrical struts to fit a 1/2" square drive. I believe this is to make it more versatile. You purchase the sockets that fit your bike, whatever size as long as it fits a 1/2" drive square.

You can see that in the other pics that I had initially posted. I need to sort it out.

If you have the time and ability please post some good close up photos of the mounting hole in the stand and the fastening bits to attach the sockets.

I researched it extensively and made up a variety of attachments, none that worked as well as I'd like.

Anything I tried that looked like it wouldn't damage the square mounting holes in the aluminum stand, left a little play in the sockets, which I wasn't comfortable with.

1 minute ago, 80CX100 said:

If you have the time and ability please post some good close up photos of the mounting hole in the stand and the fastening bits to attach the sockets.

I researched it extensively and made up a variety of attachments, none that worked as well as I'd like.

Anything I tried that looked like it wouldn't damage the square mounting holes in the aluminum stand, left a little play in the sockets, which I wasn't comfortable with.

That's easy. I will ping you when I have uploaded the pictures.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

39 minutes ago, 80CX100 said:

Becker Technik strut measured

• Thanks 1