Fuse block disassembly

BrianG

I'm needing to repair some wiring on the backside the fuse block. I'd  like to at least pull the 2 fwd blocks that are set into the fuse block.  Also I'd like to pull some of the actual wire connectors but I cannot figure out how to release these parts.

Anyone??

6 hours ago, MartyNZ said:

Doc posted a picture and a tip on how to release the fuse block

Yep, it lifts out of the rubber mounts without turning the screws . . .

gallery_328_223_160743.jpeg

Front two fuses are for the separate fuel injection/ECU harness  and suffers from those hidden spade connectors potentially coming loose.

3 hours ago, docc said:

gallery_328_223_160743.jpeg

Front two fuses circled.

It is these front 2 fuse holders that I'd like to remove from the fuse block. 

Any idea how to release them?

6 hours ago, BrianG said:

It is these front 2 fuse holders that I'd like to remove from the fuse block. 

Any idea how to release them?

If you want the front two fuses separate from the fuse block, why not clip the spade connectors off and attach separate ATC fuse holders?

But why?

308435b1-33ef-476c-a4ce-a1f5d0b8e6cd_2.7

No  i just want to get those little 2 blocks off of the large fuse block so that I can separate the 2 sections of the wiring harness and get at the underside of the 3rd fuse slot and replace the missing connectors so that the fuse goes back where it belongs.

This spliced in inline replacement unit laying around back there looks like some amateur got in there with a monkey wrench.

So the question remains... how do I release those first 2 small fuse blocks from the main fuse block.

58 minutes ago, BrianG said:

No  i just want to get those little 2 blocks off of the large fuse block so that I can separate the 2 sections of the wiring harness and get at the underside of the 3rd fuse slot and replace the missing connectors so that the fuse goes back where it belongs.

This spliced in inline replacement unit laying around back there looks like some amateur got in there with a monkey wrench.

So the question remains... how do I release those first 2 small fuse blocks from the main fuse block.

Those are really small female connectors. And they would be bare if you remove them. Seems better to replace them with a quality fuse holder if you are intent on separating them from the existing fuse block.

So, it turns out it is your #3 Regulator/Charging fuse that the PO removed and modified the wiring?

2 hours ago, docc said:

So, it turns out it is your #3 Regulator/Charging fuse that the PO removed and modified the wiring?

Yes,  it's the #3 fuse. He had the R/R die on him so he replaced that with an SH775 unit, and the stator with a Ducati energia unit. 

So I'm trying to restore the OEM harness as far as is possible. 

• Thanks 1