Taking the kids to Lookout Mountain area (Rising Fawn, GA, actually) for five days of hang gliding school.  Never been to that neck of the woods, but I know there a few of you not too far away and at least familiar with Tellico Plains.  Putting out feelers for ideas for things to do in the Chattanooga area (with teenage children).  Our lessons each day should end by early afternoon, so we'll have time for some afternoon and evening outings.  Please let me know if you have ideas.

Cheers,

Frey

Definitely the Tennessee Aquarium! Especially if the weather is hot and sweltering.

There is also a steam train excursion from the Tennessee Valley Railroad Museum through a tunnel in Missionary Ridge. It’s not a long ride, but unique because of the coal burning locomotive that they turn on a turntable at the other end for the return.

Have a great trip!

• Like 2

I had been looking out the window at signs for Ruby Falls and Lost Lake since before I-75 was built. I was amazed a few years ago to find that these attractions are hugely interesting and not merely tourist traps. I intend to go back to Ruby Falls again, it's that good. 

• Like 2

I camped outside of town once and rode around the TVA stations along the river.  It's a scenic area.  But I'm not really familiar with it other than a single camp day.  I took my toy hauler from Barber and camped on my way to the Dragon.

• 2 weeks later...

Very fun to hear from one of our members traveling south on Tennessee's I-65 asking, "Was that you, docc, on a silver Sport with Tenkno bags I saw ?"

Indeed it was! Good to be seen!  :sun:

• Like 2