Grape Ape- V11 Sport

Joe

Dang, V11s are going for that much??? 

I think I know that bike. It's bounced around Craigslist over the years when I was living in Cali.. Once sold through Guzzi Classics... I don't think that's the original mileage.. If Im right that speedo and tach was replaced. 

I know it's LA but the V11 community is still small there. 

• Like 4

The engine paint condition and the condition of the chin pad/ fuel filler cap suggest low mileage.

But what do I know? My (fourth speedo) Sport thinks a V11 with sixty or eighty thousand miles is a spritely young chick . . . :oldgit:

edit: I just did a little math and seems I've fueled mySport up over 800 times. It shows, even though I have tried to keep the chin pad and filler cap cared for. This filler looks pristine:

628effad4e1f1c793d1f0478.jpg

• Like 4

12 hours ago, Joe said:

Rox- most V11 sports are running on a 2nd or more, speedometer/tach.

Im very aware.. 🤣  My Lemans is on its second. What I was getting at is the miles aren't as minty and the speedo suggests.. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Rox Lemans said:

Dang, V11s are going for that much??? 

I think I know that bike. It's bounced around Craigslist over the years when I was living in Cali.. Once sold through Guzzi Classics... I don't think that's the original mileage.. If Im right that speedo and tach was replaced. 

I know it's LA but the V11 community is still small there. 

I paid mine $6,000, December 2020. 8,800 miles on a still odometer. 2004 V11 Le Mans standard Red.

Given the prices at which pre-owned cars are going in the USA, with new cars being sold above MSRP by dealers because of the chip shortages, I am not surprised that it extended to motorcycles.

Prior to purchasing mine, I checked typical V11 prices in Europe, and they were very similar for same range of mileage and condition.

But when I look at this one, and this is a completely arbitrary opinion, it does not feel like $7,000.

• Like 2

I saw the bike there in person a couple weeks ago while visiting a friend of 35 years who works there and has for as long as we have been friends. Its a consignment bike . Of course I didn't ride it but it looked nice...If they have it on their used bike floor you can feel pretty confident its good..they are particular and don't put junk in their showroom, and any bike they sell is never "cheap " and they aren't usually in any hurry to sell, new bikes are their thing.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, p6x said:

I paid mine $6,000, December 2020. 8,800 miles on a still odometer. 2004 V11 Le Mans standard Red.

Given the prices at which pre-owned cars are going in the USA, with new cars being sold above MSRP by dealers because of the chip shortages, I am not surprised that it extended to motorcycles.

Prior to purchasing mine, I checked typical V11 prices in Europe, and they were very similar for same range of mileage and condition.

But when I look at this one, and this is a completely arbitrary opinion, it does not feel like $7,000.

I agree, it’s a 6K bike. Right now almost all of these V11 Sports are 6k give or take 500. Once sorted out, they are pretty much priceless. I wouldn’t get rid of mine for nothing. :sun:

• Like 4

Like anything..it is worth what as much as a buyer is willing to pay and what a seller is willing to sell it for...I never pay much attention to what "typical prices" are..If I want it I want it...If I have the money I buy it.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, KINDOY2 said:

Like anything..it is worth what as much as a buyer is willing to pay and what a seller is willing to sell it for...I never pay much attention to what "typical prices" are..If I want it I want it...If I have the money I buy it.

I would agree with you if the item was exceptionally unique. No matter how much I want something, I stay within the limits of what I deem reasonable with regards to the market.

53 minutes ago, p6x said:

I would agree with you if the item was exceptionally unique. No matter how much I want something, I stay within the limits of what I deem reasonable with regards to the market.

38B0F9F3-6333-447D-B589-551D41EBD8B5.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

It depends what the item is. Some items are supposedly losing value the moment they are being owned.

But this is crazy times. We used items that cost more than new, simply because they are not available. Inflation having nothing to do with it.

Just now, Rox Lemans said:

At least something is keeping up with inflation. Never thought it would be my Italian tractors.. 

Yeah, the question "is it because of a chip shortage or demand?" Or is the dollar just worth less, a whole lot less. :homer:

• Haha 1