Help with 1100 sport

red lion

30 minutes ago, red lion said:

I have another question about the 1100 sport. One of my bikes has a hose connecting the vacuum port from the right cylinder to the left cylinder. The other bikes have a cap or a plug, no hose. Would connecting the to cylinders have a bad effect on how the bike runs?

Probably not, though on a carbureted bike it could throw off the idle mixture a little if the carbs aren't well synchronized.

35 minutes ago, red lion said:

I have another question about the 1100 sport. One of my bikes has a hose connecting the vacuum port from the right cylinder to the left cylinder. The other bikes have a cap or a plug, no hose. Would connecting the to cylinders have a bad effect on how the bike runs?

3 minutes ago, Pressureangle said:

Probably not, though on a carbureted bike it could throw off the idle mixture a little if the carbs aren't well synchronized.

That's a good observation, @red lion . . .

While the potential adverse effects of connecting the vacuum ports (as a way of eliminating the dubious Fuel Vapor Recovery System) are like minimal, I felt more confident eliminating that cross over that serves no purpose beyond convenience of blocking the taps.

After a couple failures using rubber caps that dry out, crack, or loosen over time, I chose silicone caps that are impressively tight and secure.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B083FB139Z/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&th=1

• Like 1

On 6/16/2022 at 6:46 PM, red lion said:

My 1997 1100 sport ran fine. Then I installed a sprint air filter and Mistral exhaust, Now the bike runs like crap. Could I have a problem with one of the connections under the gas tank when I installed the air filter?

Were you able to confirm that all of the critical sensors got plugged back in after the filter/exhaust changes?