Air bypass screw quick question.

arveno

10 minutes ago, arveno said:

Just bought it….. thank you so much.will report back as soon as I receive it .

Thank you everyone for the patience 

have a great day 

So, it looks like your loose connector would plug right into this sensor?

Got to thinkin', my '97 Sport-i has the ATS out in the open behind the fairing, since the airbox draws fresh air from the front of the fairing. 

ATS.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, Pressureangle said:

Got to thinkin', my '97 Sport-i has the ATS out in the open behind the fairing, since the airbox draws fresh air from the front of the fairing. 

ATS.jpg

Seems that would have been bolted to the airbox at one time (right front)?  No matter where the air is picked up, the sensor would measure the temperature of the air inside the airbox?

7 minutes ago, docc said:

Seems that would have been bolted to the airbox at one time (right front)?  No matter where the air is picked up, the sensor would measure the temperature of the air inside the airbox?

Behind the fairing is the factory install on this early bike. My speculation is that somewhere along the way they found that airbox temperature was significantly different than 'outside' air, most likely sitting idling in heavy traffic. Add increasingly tight emissions requirements, and a simple change of venue for the ATS helped compliance, or at least made drivability/fuel mileage noticeably better. Can't know what the eyetalyun or European requirements were at the time.

• Thanks 1

This air charge temp sensor is mounted in the post filter portion of the airbox . This location keeps dust , dirt , etc. off the sensor . This is to keep a true reading of the sensor.  

you need to come up with a good cover to keep this stuff off the sensor .

• Like 2

Lot of good info thank you guys.

MG cycle is the best they already send tracking number of the sensor I bought this morning.

should arrive early next week.

cheers

• Like 2

On 7/6/2022 at 4:07 PM, arveno said:

Ok folks 

I give up anybody want a cheap 2002 V11 ? LOL 

( no kidding I am serious )

started the bike up and I noticed it does not smoke as much as it used to.

warm her up a bit and went for a ride … improved a bit but spark plugs at still covered of black dust .

they are not wet … just like black powder.

I am getting sick of this bike 

I am gonna sell it or just take all that electronic crap out and put some carburetors…

Unhappy. :angry::bbblll:

9 hours ago, arveno said:

Yesssssss 

Happy! :rasta::drink:

Pretty basic HOT<--> COLD Italian lady-ism.  She's just wants your attention. Like: all of it!

While you're waiting for parts, polish her heels. Er, I meant "wheels." :sun:

She'll love you back. :mg:  :wub:

• Haha 1

19 hours ago, gstallons said:

This air charge temp sensor is mounted in the post filter portion of the airbox . This location keeps dust , dirt , etc. off the sensor . This is to keep a true reading of the sensor.  

you need to come up with a good cover to keep this stuff off the sensor .

This has me wondering if the real reason for moving the sensor into the airbox is to keep it dry, more than clean or in the perfect temperature (although all are served). I've never noticed any change when running wet or dry, but it wasn't on my radar either. I'll focus on that during the 

Where nobody gets home dry unless they wimp out early. 

• Haha 1

Update:

with the sensor installed runs better but spark plugs ( new ones ) are still black.

and I believe I smell gas ( again ) in the engine oil.

I should just put a set of carburetors lol 

I'm reluctant to get too involved with issues like this for various reasons but here's a few questions.

Has the bike sat around unused for a long period of time?

Does it have any stupid additional boxes added to the efi system like a PC3?

If there's fuel in the oil then you've got bigger issues than a simple sensor issue. If the sensor fails then the system just goes to a safe default figure.

What map does it have in it? Std?

Did you get the CO reset back to zero?

I'd be looking at getting the injectors professionally cleaned (esp if it's sat around for a while) and check the fuel pressure and that the pressure regulator is not stuck closed. Injectors that dont seat properly leak and it's obvious what that would result in. 

Phil

• Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, Lucky Phil said:

I'm reluctant to get too involved with issues like this for various reasons but here's a few questions.

Has the bike sat around unused for a long period of time?

Does it have any stupid additional boxes added to the efi system like a PC3?

If there's fuel in the oil then you've got bigger issues than a simple sensor issue. If the sensor fails then the system just goes to a safe default figure.

What map does it have in it? Std?

Did you get the CO reset back to zero?

I'd be looking at getting the injectors professionally cleaned (esp if it's sat around for a while) and check the fuel pressure and that the pressure regulator is not stuck closed. Injectors that dont seat properly leak and it's obvious what that would result in. 

Phil

Bike history unknown.

what I know.

set tps

set CO trim to Zero

the ETS was completely missing and now it is there .

balanced throttle bodies.

there was a tuning box attached to the stock ecu but it was removed.

i assume the ECU is stock 

Help:

pressure regulator , how do I know it is stuck closed ?

at this point I don’t mind buy new injectors.( I poured so much money and time in this POS LOL I would have bought a pristine example of V11 ah ah 

but this is fun … isn’t it ??!!!!

i didn’t do this but I will try to remove those K&N filters and see if they are not allowing air in .

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, arveno said:

Bike history unknown.

what I know.

set tps

set CO trim to Zero

the ETS was completely missing and now it is there .

balanced throttle bodies.

there was a tuning box attached to the stock ecu but it was removed.

i assume the ECU is stock 

Help:

pressure regulator , how do I know it is stuck closed ?

at this point I don’t mind buy new injectors.( I poured so much money and time in this POS LOL I would have bought a pristine example of V11 ah ah 

but this is fun … isn’t it ??!!!!

i didn’t do this but I will try to remove those K&N filters and see if they are not allowing air in .

By checking the fuel pressure. Pretty easy to do and a testing kit these days is maybe 30 bucks on ebay. The filters are a travesty but I won't go down that path. It might be worth removing them and see if it makes a difference but I'm doubtful. It's far cheaper to just clean the injectors and get them flow tested at maybe 25 bucks each. Unknown history means you need to start from a WCS. 

Phil

• Thanks 1

The fuel injector cleaning was/is the best $$$ ever spent . They cleaned my nozzles in an ultra-sonic cleaner flow tested them and printed off the results . YEOW ! 

You have to start out w/this to end up with perfection !

• Like 1

Hello everyone…. I finally found the reason why my V11 was running too rich.

mmhhhh it was due to a little “ accident “ 

I will let you know but the admin must promise not to Ban me from this forum ah ah 

granted all the necessary adjustments done were helpful and needed to be done such resetting the CO trim .

learning to use guzzidiag, the ETS that was missing .

but…..

I think last time I have set the TPS ….I forgot to secure the two screw than hold it .

and

they got loose enough for the TPS to move way out of adjustment.

funny eh?!!!

the other day I thought I would star fresh again with checking the TPS and there I noticed the screws were loose ….

connected the tester and TPS was out of scale. 🙈

brought it back to 157mV

and the bike runs like a champ.

I had to adjust the  idle that was too high…but other than that…. Everything good 

sparks plugs are so clean… it might be a tad lean LMaoooo

what a ……… ok we know what I mean.

thank you everyone for the help and patience.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1