Newly acquired '03 V11 Sport

LaGrasta

9 hours ago, GuzziMoto said:

No, that is correct.

Hi.

I'm convinced from your posts that you really have your head around this. It all makes sense.

But...

Please look at this again.

On 12/14/2022 at 7:14 PM, GuzziMoto said:

If you have the right amount of sag with you on the bike but not enough sag when it is just the weight of the bike your spring rate is too soft. ...

If the sag is too much without you on board after getting sag right with you on board your spring rate is too soft.

You described two opposing situations (not enough sag without the rider vs. too much without the rider), but drew the same conclusion (too soft) in both cases. Doesn't add up... :huh2:

• Like 1

12 hours ago, audiomick said:

Hi.

I'm convinced from your posts that you really have your head around this. It all makes sense.

But...

Please look at this again.

You described two opposing situations (not enough sag without the rider vs. too much without the rider), but drew the same conclusion (too soft) in both cases. Doesn't add up... :huh2:

I see, a typing error. My bad. Sorry. Typing error fixed. Thanks.

• Like 2

Another ride to work, running great, no leaks, etc. However, the speedo stopped working. I know these are prone to breaking, so after 300 miles of riding, I guess it was my turn.

Yeah, while the speedo can break internally, more likely perhaps is a simple issue with the cable drive. I would look into the easy stuff first.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I had already taken the drive off, preventively cleaned and greased it. This weekend, I'll check it out again.

What bugs me more than no speedo, is the odometer isn't accurate any longer.

The cable and drive are A-OK! I hooked up a drill and spun it up. I guess the speedo gear must have taken a dump. I'm apt to open it and repair it myself, if I can get the parts, and it's obvious.

I've repaired a few speedos in the past, different cars and bikes and such. Joel Levine has offered to take care of it for me, but hasn't offered a price. Any idea what that cost?

btw, I set the valves this weekend, and adjusted the forks a bit more. Ran it to work again today; no leaks, runs well, and the suspension is much stiffer, more to my liking. I'll set the sag this week while my father is visiting for Christmas. Dialing it in little by little.

• Like 4

• 2 months later...

Works fine on 2 bikes.
Cheers Tom. e5df7fa3455a0bc792bba9eddac7ef1a.jpg446f41e066fbd4222bb464d6671014b2.jpg

Sent fra min SM-S906B via Tapatalk

• Thanks 1