Paddock stands for V11 Sport

Guest Ianell

14 minutes ago, docc said:

That would be curious as we have never heard of them here, AFIIK.

If you follow the link he provided in the quote, and you look at the foot peg mount, you find that the plate that goes underneath the foot peg would reach underneath the anchoring of the foot peg.

Why not a U shaped support that you could slide underneath the foot peg pivot? the bracket is only there to prevent horizontal movement.

2 minutes ago, p6x said:

If you follow the link he provided in the quote, and you look at the foot peg mount, you find that the plate that goes underneath the foot peg would reach underneath the anchoring of the foot peg.

Why not a U shaped support that you could slide underneath the foot peg pivot? the bracket is only there to prevent horizontal movement.

So, is it lifting from the foot peg anchor? Or actually from below the bike ? (I could not tell from the video).

Such that the "footpeg" attachments are only to prevent tip-over?

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, docc said:

So, is it lifting from the foot peg anchor? Or actually from below the bike ? (I could not tell from the video).

Such that the "footpeg" attachments are only to prevent tip-over?

It appears that the plates reach underneath the foot peg anchors, but you would not want it to slip from underneath.

I have asked the question, and we shall see if they have any feed-back tomorrow.

I found strange they don't seem to have photos of the system installed on a V11. I mean they must have tried it on a V11, no? or even, they could have asked one of their customer "with nothing but praise" to send some pics...

Here is the answer from "on-bike" customer service... this guy exudes confidence and appears to be annoyed by people seeking clarifications: lol....

The website clearly explains about the Footpegs and 99% of All bikes do have folding types. “This does Not cause any problem at all”
The link to the page I sent you offers you a drop down menu with ALL the different mounts for you to choose from?

As I previously said: Big Blue with Heavy Duty Footpeg mounts for the MG V11…Maybe you did not read the mail?

After his reply, I feel so much more confident in his technology.... should I ask him if his designed has been reviewed by an certifying authority?

:homer:

• Sad 1

Makes me feel rather scolded.

"What is a small and puny ant, like you, doing

hanging around Muscles Mahoney's Gym, anyway?"

AntMuscle.PNG&f=1&nofb=1

Seriously, we are the largest collective V11 community in the world and no one here has used this lift?

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

I am still looking around for my best solution, and I found this, from Anderson Stands in Australia.

Another company that went bankrupt, but as with the exhaust (Stayintune), they got purchased.

I found this in a forum. The input is from 2012. I sent an email to the new company, and asked them if they still manufacture the stand. Also, the OP mentioned that it interferes with the gear lever and brake pedal.

Andersons Stands AustraliaAnderson Stands photo of stand in use

• 2 months later...
On 7/16/2021 at 8:24 PM, Lucky Phil said:

I have one of these. Only hassle on the V11 is I need to disconnect the shift lever to use it. Other than that it's perfect. I ordered mine direct from Germany. Make sure you order the sockets with it unless you have a few old ones lying around.

DSC01066.JPG

Ciao

It seems that I am going to have to go with the Becker Technik Central lifter.

I have about rounded all the options, including Harris Performance which specializes in such equipment but told me they have never tried any of their paddock stands on a V11 Le Mans.

Can you explain why you need to remove the shift lever?

would it make any difference if I ordered long reach 18mm sockets? such as these ones https://www.facom.eu/fr-fr/generaltooling/productdetails/hierarchy/7200/catno/S.18LA

I use the Becker on the red frame and RC/NC with no issues.

Cheers Tom.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, p6x said:

It seems that I am going to have to go with the Becker Technik Central lifter.

I have about rounded all the options, including Harris Performance which specializes in such equipment but told me they have never tried any of their paddock stands on a V11 Le Mans.

Can you explain why you need to remove the shift lever?

would it make any difference if I ordered long reach 18mm sockets? such as these ones https://www.facom.eu/fr-fr/generaltooling/productdetails/hierarchy/7200/catno/S.18LA

My bike has a very low set toe piece on the shift lever, that's why the stand is an issue with the lever still fitted. YMMV.

Ciao 

• Thanks 1

• 5 weeks later...

I received my BTCL (Becker Technik Central Lifter), and I tried.

First attempt went well, in my garage with a very smooth surface. I deployed it without too much problem.

I then put the bike outside, and I was unable to deploy it. Although we are on cement, the wheels did not swing beneath as easily as in my garage. Maybe using a lever can help.

I used the passenger foot pegs fixture to lift while pushing on the arm of the BTCL.