Stelvio 1200 8v Tappets for 2013?

Kane

Hello, I’ve been wanting an adventure touring bike, and have also  been interested in the 8v motor, so now I’m looking at Stelvios. There is a nice looking 2013 Stelvio NTX 1200 not too far away, in the burnt orange color (which I have mixed feelings about. I like  the red and silver best). I am not totally comfortable with a 2013 because I figure that there could have been left over flat tappets that made it into some 2013 bikes. This bike has the later 8.5 gallon tank. I am wondering if the larger 8.5 gallon tank change on the NTX model Stelvio means anything or is a marker in terms of the tappets that may been used?

No, the big tank was used on some flat tappet models BUT if it is plated as a '13 it should be a roller motor.

For the full skinny on who, where, why and what I suggest you read my thread here.

https://www.grisoghetto.com/t5879-the-definitive-guide-to-rollerisation

In the tech section of the Ghetto you'll also find accurate info on other stuff that you should be aware of if considering a CARC bike. Notably things like swingarm bearing and shock linkage greasing and how to recognise if the throttlebodies have been monstered by a shaved ape. Although Griso-centric owners of all models are welcome. Some of the tech stuff is only viewable if you are registered.

• Thanks 2

Thank you, Pete. As always, I appreciate your concrete and specific information and help. Thanks for the directive to the Griso link. I guess Griso riders got their own version of this place….good for them!

kind of wish I was a Griso rider :race:

• Like 1