Fuel Injection, stream or spray?

LaGrasta

I expected it to at least start and run so my goal was to get it going before digging in too deep.  I may have to do as you say though, just to be sure of its condition, "ran when parked". <_<

@scud lives very near, maybe he will swing by if he enjoys a bit of troubleshooting.

After cranking awhile, pull the plugs and see if they are wet, if dry, then you have a fuel issue, which could be pump, regulator, injector, etc.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, LaGrasta said:

I expected it to at least start and run so my goal was to get it going before digging in too deep.  I may have to do as you say though, just to be sure of its condition, "ran when parked". <_<

@scud lives very near, maybe he will swing by if he enjoys a bit of troubleshooting.

I would seriously set the valves and the TPS. These are static settings and straightforward to address and check off the list.

Like, what if each of those parameters are out enough to fire start fluid, but not run on its own? Worth doing, IMCO. :nerd:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 1 month later...
  • 5 weeks later...

...and why to verify your source; these are not 'Chinese copies' these are *Counterfeit* in Bosch packaging, 'made in Germany'. I once ran across a Chinese website advertising counterfeit name-brand packaging. I had a cousin in Customs and Immigration who clued me in to how bad counterfeiting is in the U.S. market.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Pressureangle said:

TFW you knew what you'd find. Surprising the thing ran well. Obviously never seen daylight since new.

I wonder if some 2-stroke oil would reduce corrosion in those parts? It could leave a protective film behind as fuel evaporates. I tried this on two daughter's cars when they went overseas for a year, with no ill effects

• Like 1

1 minute ago, MartyNZ said:

I wonder if some 2-stroke oil would reduce corrosion in those parts?

I use Marvel Mystery Oil (US brand, a century old) in the fuel periodically because it removes carbon, varnish, and white deposits. This appears to be actual rust, probably from the PO never changing the filter. In any case, it never washed out with anything I tried, and there's plenty in the injector screens as well. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Pressureangle said:

I use Marvel Mystery Oil (US brand, a century old) in the fuel periodically because it removes carbon, varnish, and white deposits. This appears to be actual rust, probably from the PO never changing the filter. In any case, it never washed out with anything I tried, and there's plenty in the injector screens as well. 

Sounds like my experience. I thought the filter material was breaking up.

https://www.v11lemans.com/forums/topic/20282-fuel-injector-cleaner-yea-or-nea/?do=findComment&comment=229694

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1