Manual, not solenoid, petcock

LaGrasta

2 hours ago, LaGrasta said:

Look what I found, they just got my $25!

https://www.ebay.com/itm/173280260339

Just put that onto my watch list

I haven't checked what the threads are on the Guzzi part as I don't want to drain the tank right now

If you do size yours it would be great if you could tell us if this is a direct replacement as I'd purchase a couple for my bikes.

If you check his stores for a few dollars more he offers an assembly with the guaze filter and/or the filter separately

• Like 1

V11petcock.jpg

I really can't make sense of this image.  It looks like a secondary hose comes in, above and behind the petcock's supply line, where the return line would reconnect to the regulator. Then it looks like the petcock attaches to, but is not aligned with, that portion of what might have been the regulator?  :huh2:

What is on the left side of the tank? (Should be the fuel level sensor forward, but what is mounted aft on the left?) :huh2:

7 hours ago, LaGrasta said:

Look what I found, they just got my $25!

https://www.ebay.com/itm/173280260339

It doesn't work. The outlet is not for a 12mm hose. So now you need an adaptor to take you from a 5/16 or 8mm hose to the 12mm pump inlet size over a very short run of hose which is extremely hard to do as you need every bit of flex over that short length of hose to align with  the pump inlet. even if you can you now you have additional clamps and possible leak points. Oh and in addition the Guzzi uses a 16mm thread on the tank connection which this doesn't suit.

If it was this simple I wouldn't have bothered modifying the original. 

Phil

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Sad 1

Sheesh, not sure how I became so mixed-up about this. I've now requested a cancel from the seller. Thanks Phil.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, docc said:

V11petcock.jpg

I really can't make sense of this image.  It looks like a secondary hose comes in, above and behind the petcock's supply line, where the return line would reconnect to the regulator. Then it looks like the petcock attaches to, but is not aligned with, that portion of what might have been the regulator?  :huh2:

What is on the left side of the tank? (Should be the fuel level sensor forward, but what is mounted aft on the left?) :huh2:

I'd like to keep looking further into this . . .

…looking at images from the day I received the bike, I see now I've swapped sides with the petcock and regulator. However, I don't believe this matters providing I've plumbed it correct. I'll be checking all of this hopefully this coming weekend. Why did this happen, 100% because of the service manual, their illustration displays it as such.

As for your specific question docc about the two hoses, I'll have to give it a look when i get home from work today and report back.

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, LaGrasta said:

…looking at images from the day I received the bike, I see now I've swapped sides with the petcock and regulator. However, I don't believe this matters providing I've plumbed it correct. I'll be checking all of this hopefully this coming weekend. Why did this happen, 100% because of the service manual, their illustration displays it as such.

As for your specific question docc about the two hoses, I'll have to give it a look when i get home from work today and report back.

As I think I mentioned previously there's no problem which sides you have the tap and reg on except issues of enough space to effectively configure hoses etc. When I put the Daytona engine in the V11 I was seriously considering swapping sides because of clearance issues between the reg and the TPS but decided the std way was better and shaved a few mm off the reg holder.

Phil

DSC00914.JPG

DSC00915.JPG

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1