Greenie bits

czakky

Hey all, longtime! In the finishing stages of a v7 sport resto. I’m trying to re-create the original Legnano Verde (?) color. I thought the most obtainable piece maybe a V11 sport greenie side cover. They’re plastic and fragile. Therefore I’d imagine someone may have a broken one laying around? Again I’m just looking for a color representation.

PM me if you have something.

thanks

Bill

• Like 1

1 hour ago, czakky said:

Hey all, longtime! In the finishing stages of a v7 sport resto. I’m trying to re-create the original Legnano Verde (?) color. I thought the most obtainable piece maybe a V11 sport greenie side cover. They’re plastic and fragile. Therefore I’d imagine someone may have a broken one laying around? Again I’m just looking for a color representation.

PM me if you have something.

thanks

Bill

https://www.v11lemans.com/forums/index.php?/topic/17183-how-to-color-match-the-guzzi-lime-green/&tab=comments#comment-183698

• Thanks 1

Hiya, czakky! :sun:

Looking forward to a dedicated thread on this V7 Sport in "Older Models."  What an awesome bike the original V7 Sport is! :mg:

• Like 1

@Docc, I’ll throw up a synopsis for those interested. Good to see your still  carrying the v11 torch. I’ll have to do some catching up on your V11 as well.

@Phil, I’d be more confident with a sample, however I was aware of that post/recipe. Thanks

@Chuck, I think it’s going to be close enough. This is far from concours and the odds of me being able to borrow another v7 sport for a paint sample are quite slim…. Totally open to ideas though. This is all pretty new to me!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Chuck said:

I'm not sure about the V11 greenie being the same color..?

Pretty sure the V7 has more yellow and not as metallic (almost pearlescent).  The V11 greenie is unique to any other color.

• Like 2

Hey, it's your V7Sport! It also looks you personally and meticulously built it from a heap. After others gave up. 

Seems you can paint it anyway you like! A V7Sport in V11Sport green would be > vibrant < :sun:

• Like 1