Daytona 1000

Joe

1 hour ago, 4corsa said:

With the 4 valve head, doesn't that make it an RS?

No all Daytonas were 4v/v HiCam engines, the difference between the cooking Daytona and the RS were

Dark Grey Engine Paint

WP Suspension front and rear (the early bikes has pretty awful Marzocchi front forks and a Koni rear shock)

Stage C engine tune (Wiseco pistons, Carrillo Rods, hotter cam, Hi Flow air filter, different exhaust and map)

That looks like an early one (it's a 93 and that's about the year they started in production) judging by the forks, pork chops and engine colour, although it has the pod filters and bellmouth as fitted to the Dr John and what looks like a Termigioni full system, I can't be sure, the crossover isn't standard and the end cans are Termis (or Termi stickers). The white paint job, or it could be a wrap, isn't standard either (but I think really suits it) and the wheels are black, the originals were white, which looked great until you rode it and had to clean them after every ride.

Personally I think it's a really nice example that's been tastefully modded.

All that's just off the top of my head there's probably more.

Even a "cooking" Daytona is a magic thing, the 4v/v engine is a beast, it encourages you to rev it and it sounds glorious.

15k sounds a little rich, but they really are great bikes and I think will rise in value, after the round heads I think it's the best looking engine Guzzi made.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

Even a "cooking" Daytona is a magic thing, the 4v/v engine is a beast, it encourages you to rev it and it sounds glorious.

15k sounds a little rich, but they really are great bikes and I think will rise in value, after the round heads I think it's the best looking engine Guzzi made.

I agree with you 100% 

• Like 2

Thank you for the clarification and info weegie.
I had the opportunity to ride my buddy's RS a few years ago on a great curvy back road before he sold it. I was really impressed at how much more responsive (both acceleration and steering) than my V11 LeMans. It felt much lighter - more similar to my old '95 Ducati 900 Supersport SP than anything else.

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk

• Like 2

• 5 months later...

I would love to have one of the Daytonas or a Magni Australia one day before my age and back prevent me from riding one :oldgit:

Although that price is steep, the "investment" is probably sound for at least a few more years I bet.  So one could probably just "tie up" $14k USD in the bike for a while, then sell it for similar money after a few years.

...that being said, one can do a lot of other things for $14k, and may not have that just sitting around for a toy ;)

Regarding this specific bike, is it just a trick of the photography, or is both the seat and rear cowling slightly crooked to the right as if the subframe were bent or somehow misaligned?  Note the aforementioned custom paint work on the rear cowling, the crooked Moto Guzzi decal, and that the cowling and brake light aren't square to each other... and maybe crooked exhaust too?  It also could just be that the cowling and seat, or subframe, is not mounted correctly or is just another Moto Guzzi manufacturing QA inconsistency as well.

63123bf232cfd21f91218644.jpg

63123bf464758670803c4c74.jpg

63123beedc9eaf2af31b60e7.jpg

• Like 1

Keep on wishing, and suddenly.   Seen that Magni for sale in the UK? Costly at 29k£, but all done. Have a look at her on Carandclassic.com  :food:  May be Weegie know that bike.

Cheers Tom.

8 hours ago, al_roethlisberger said:

Regarding this specific bike, is it just a trick of the photography, or is both the seat and rear cowling slightly crooked

I have the impression that all of the bodywork is a bit crooked. Look at the gap between the end of the fairing and the tank left and right, here

63123becf20a4179353baf76.jpg?width=1024&

and here

63123bf174d7542000592c84.jpg?width=1024&

But the impression of "crooked" in the photos is partly exacerbated by the wide-angle lens and the photographer not taking care to be really on axis when he took the photos. :huh2:

• Like 1