2001 Silver V11 Sport

Joe

2 minutes ago, fotoguzzi said:

I tried to respond to that ad but the send message page never opens. Would you have a better contact ?

maybe I need to refresh my browser.

Private Owner: 2001 Moto Guzzi V-11 Sport. Adult owned with only 5k. miles. 1064cc Fuel Injected V-Twin.( 91HP ).
5 Speed Transmission. New Michelin tires. New battery. Givi sport windscreen. Rizoma sport touring bars. These bars transform this V11 into a very comfortable sport touring machine. Luggage rack. Always serviced and garaged. Paint and chrome is in EC. No road rash or dents anywhere. Runs and rides 100%. Clean title. Cash Only. No Trades. 423-eight six three-1141. Thank Allan.

3 minutes ago, fotoguzzi said:

I tried to respond to that ad but the send message page never opens. Would you have a better contact ?

It opened for me. Allan (423) 863-1141   

3 hours ago, fotoguzzi said:

I've talked to the guy and have the VIN. It falls within the recall numbers, and the service was never performed per Piaggio.  He didn't seem to care, but I did.

My two cents: the text in the ad says "Tosser" to me, but maybe that's got to do with me not living in the U.S. :huh2:

Going by the wear pattern on the tyres, the current owner has never, ever given the bike a caning. If he's the first owner, the bike has probably had an "easy" life. The biggest dangers are probably either too much riding around at too low revs, and too much time spent just standing around in a shed somewhere and not being ridden.

• Confused 1

25 minutes ago, audiomick said:

My two cents: the text in the ad says "Tosser" to me, but maybe that's got to do with me not living in the U.S. :huh2:

Going by the wear pattern on the tyres, the current owner has never, ever given the bike a caning. If he's the first owner, the bike has probably had an "easy" life. The biggest dangers are probably either too much riding around at too low revs, and too much time spent just standing around in a shed somewhere and not being ridden.

A 2001 V11 Sport is almost 22 yrs old, what example can’t be picked apart with various issues or complaints at this point. The price per the overall condition of this bike is cheap by today’s (inflation weak dollar) standards. 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, audiomick said:

Going by the wear pattern on the tyres, the current owner has never, ever given the bike a caning. If he's the first owner, the bike has probably had an "easy" life.

That is quite an assessment from looking at brand new tires through blurry photographs... :grin: 

• Haha 1

I texted with him and said I was mildly interested, got a pretty terse answer. When I asked about the recall he said “that’s all bullshit” and went on to say I was wasting his time. He didn’t sound very interested in making a sales pitch. I lost all interest then.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, fotoguzzi said:

I texted with him and said I was mildly interested, got a pretty terse answer. When I asked about the recall he said “that’s all bullshit” and went on to say I was wasting his time. He didn’t sound very interested in making a sales pitch. I lost all interest then.

Yep, I understand fully. I read into who I was dealing with after the first 30 seconds talking with him, so I gingerly worked with his full of himself personality...talk about going to the beat of a different drummer. I would offer him $2500 for it because of the bad tranny and his attitude if I wasn't so far away. His reaction would be fun to hear.

12 hours ago, Speedfrog said:

... brand new tires...

Ok, he did mention "new tyres" in the Craigslist ad. Hadn't noticed that...:blush:

13 hours ago, Joe said:

A 2001 V11 Sport is almost 22 yrs old, what example can’t be picked apart with various issues or complaints at this point. The price per the overall condition of this bike is cheap by today’s (inflation weak dollar) standards. 

Yes, after so much time there will always be something. If it is in "perfect" condition, it probably has seen too little use for it's own good. If it has been used, it is going to show signs of wear.

I don't mean to say "don't buy it", particularly if the price is good. Rather, more or less what you say yourself, the thing is old, and is likely to have some issues, no matter how good it looks from the outside. One should bear that in mind. :huh2:

• Like 1